Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Dude uses Unreal Engine 4 to make... watch

ReputationRep:
    ... a rather pretty tech demo.

Very nice indeed!

Do you guys want games to become more and more photo-realistic, or would you rather developers concentrate on furthering their own artistic styling?

ReputationRep:
    that'sbeautifulman.jpg

While incredibly aesthetically pleasing, it does cause me to wonder how the overall quality would be affected when you've got a hell of a lot more going on (basically, anything other than a simulator).

I would personally rather have them focus on their own artistic style, it gives the game a more personal feel to the studio and doesn't just render all future videogames as RL v.2.

ReputationRep:
    It's like the Silent Hill demo, but without the photorealistic demons.

To answer the question: for linear games, photorealistic. For sandbox games, I want all the POWAH to go into making giant areas with lots to do and go to like San Andreas. Ultimate interactivity.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    l quite like the way the industry is going with such things, most getting more and more realistic, and that's not to say they can't have their own twists, and some go for a more unique styling

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its impressive no doubt but as it is, developers are having to devote too much time and resources into updating their engines to move forward graphics. This in turn makes it harder for developers to make an affordable game in a reasonable amount of time but it also means less money goes to QA and less time goes into developing the game unless the game has 5 years in development though that never pans out(Watch Dogs anyone). I would like devs to stay at the level they are now with visuals and allocate more time to QA more than anything as well as pushing their game engines in a more important direction which is to allow more complex game mechanics to come around which require elaborate, sophisticated systems built into engines. BEST example is Shadow of Mordors Nemesis system

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 29, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.