Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I hadnt seen a thread on our exam on here so i thought id make one.

A few questions. How is everyone finding the Centre Parcs case study in Unit 4 and generally what do you think youll get realistically in Business overall
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level sufferer)
    I hadnt seen a thread on our exam on here so i thought id make one.

A few questions. How is everyone finding the Centre Parcs case study in Unit 4 and generally what do you think youll get realistically in Business overall
    I quite like the case study on Centre Parcs. We have gone through each evidence and worked out possible questions that can come up. We have also done a few 20 and 30 markers in class, but not in timed conditions. Which I am worried about

Also in regards to grades, I got a B in both AS exams, so i am praying I get a B or above in unit 3 and 4 this year.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgurl)
    I quite like the case study on Centre Parcs. We have gone through each evidence and worked out possible questions that can come up. We have also done a few 20 and 30 markers in class, but not in timed conditions. Which I am worried about

Also in regards to grades, I got a B in both AS exams, so i am praying I get a B or above in unit 3 and 4 this year.

What about you?
    I also got 2 B's in the AS 78 UMS on each ;(, I find Transport a lot easier atm, as in the content for both isn't too bad but the technique is really hard I find.

In relation to Unit 4, I like that the Case Study is soo heavily weighted at CSR coz there's ALOT we can talk about but I worry that the additional evidence that we get in the exam will be totally different and unrelated to CSR.

How far in the course//spec have you gone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I also got 2 B's in the AS 78 UMS on each ;(, I find Transport a lot easier atm, as in the content for both isn't too bad but the technique is really hard I find.

In relation to Unit 4, I like that the Case Study is soo heavily weighted at CSR coz there's ALOT we can talk about but I worry that the additional evidence that we get in the exam will be totally different and unrelated to CSR.

How far in the course//spec have you gone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh same, I find the technique a bit challenging too. But i suppose, we just have to keep practicing till we get it!

Oh yhh, i never really thought of that, it is a bit worrying
    I would suggest you subscribing to a google alert on center parcs, the additional evidence could be a recent news article.

Ermm we only have section 3.3.6 left in unit 3 and we have completed unit 4, so we just do practice questions in lessons.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgurl)
    Yh same, I find the technique a bit challenging too. But i suppose, we just have to keep practicing till we get it!

Oh yhh, i never really thought of that, it is a bit worrying
    I would suggest you subscribing to a google alert on center parcs, the additional evidence could be a recent news article.

Ermm we only have section 3.3.6 left in unit 3 and we have completed unit 4, so we just do practice questions in lessons.

What about you?
    You've gone through them a lot quicker than us

We're half way through 3.3.6 in unit 3

And we've only just finished decision trees in Unit 4 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yh, we have 2 teachers for business, which could be why.

Have you done your mocks yet?

Mine was last week and i completely flopped it 😧😰i feel like the time given i the exam is not enough 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgurl)
    Hmm yh, we have 2 teachers for business, which could be why.

Have you done your mocks yet?

Mine was last week and i completely flopped it 😧😰i feel like the time given i the exam is not enough 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We did our Mocks in Jan and I flopped them too, C for Unit 3 and U for Unit 4 however I think I've come a long way since then, and I concur with the exam time issue, it seems like we don't have time to think, you're just meant to sit down and write for 90'odd minutes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    I've been learning the whole of AS and A2 Business Studies with a tutor rather than at school in the past 4 months, so I'm quite confused what we have to do for Unit 4. Where do we get these pre issued case studies?!
    If anyone knows, I'd be so grateful for any help, on what we're expected to do with these case studies, can we bring these into the exam? Where do we get them from? Is there only one set of case studies for everyone sitting the Unit 4 exam in June 2015?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadi95)
    Hi everyone!
    I've been learning the whole of AS and A2 Business Studies with a tutor rather than at school in the past 4 months, so I'm quite confused what we have to do for Unit 4. Where do we get these pre issued case studies?!
    If anyone knows, I'd be so grateful for any help, on what we're expected to do with these case studies, can we bring these into the exam? Where do we get them from? Is there only one set of case studies for everyone sitting the Unit 4 exam in June 2015?
    I'll fill you in:

We get a clean copy in the exam (of the case study) and the questions asked will be based off the case study.

In the exam we will be given a suprise additional piece of evidence so it could be on anything.

There is only 1 case study for sitting this exam and that's the Centre Parcs one.

Hope I covered everything so again we'll basically apply the knowledge on the Spec to Centre Parcs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll fill you in:

We get a clean copy in the exam (of the case study) and the questions asked will be based off the case study.

In the exam we will be given a suprise additional piece of evidence so it could be on anything.

There is only 1 case study for sitting this exam and that's the Centre Parcs one.

Hope I covered everything so again we'll basically apply the knowledge on the Spec to Centre Parcs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much! This was so helpful of you! So basically you have to come up with possible questions the case studies could be about? Also for Section B, it's decision making right? So both essays are related to the case studies? Also if anyone knows how to access the case studies or could send them to me, it would be much appreciated as it's locked on the Pearson Edexcel website

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know what the predicted questions might be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haseeb.hamid)
    does anybody know what the predicted questions might be?
    I think CSR is likely to come up since thats the majority topic in the Case study, Ratios might come up and also depends on the additional information that we get

ReputationRep:
    Csr would be a good one but I'd find ratios hard need to learn them ... center parcs are selling there business it may have information on that

ReputationRep:
    Past papers seem to be useless for this unit...can't really use them to revise as the case studies are so different for each one. That makes this the exam i feel least prepared for

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any predicited questions?

ReputationRep:
    hey does anyone have predicted questions on this unit ?? and how has everyone analysed the case study?? Have you got a copy of the tutor u that you have made use of if so how, I have got the analysis but it is so long that I dont know to pick the most important bits. would be so grateful if any of you could offer some help x

ReputationRep:
    Are we all ready for international business on Wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    Are we all ready for international business on Wednesday?
    do you have any ideas of the main topics that may come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llik)
    do you have any ideas of the main topics that may come up?
    My guess would be as good as yours however looking at last years paper, I dont think the How to control MNC's part of the spec will come up, In truth the whole MNC section was tested last year so id be suprised if it came up in any great detail. Saying that; im just another student so revise what you think is important

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 9, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.