Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So me and my Girlfriend have been together about 7 months, and not along after we starting having sex did she commence with biting and scratching. I'm not really that into it but not against it either. I've had full on painful scars on my back and bite marks. Obviously I think that's pretty rough. But it turns out the with last person she has sex with before me (which was just a casual relationship) she made the guy bleed enough to have to change his sheets ect and had him in the pain the whole next day. I've never had blood marks nor been in lasting pain. Call me insecure, but obviously being a typical man I'm worried the last person had rougher sex or was better enough to have her scratch harder than with me. She says the scratching with him was out of discomfort and doesn't do it as much with me because she can't physically concentrate to scratch enough, and rougher doesn't even mean better. I'm the only person to have made her orgasm, allegedly, but I still worry about this one tiny insignificant thing.

Any thoughts on this at all?
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Fluffy handcuffs?

ReputationRep:
    Have you confronted her about it? Sex should be a pleasurable thing for both people, so if there's anything making one person uncomfortable it should be expressed so you can both work around it in order to have a better time

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to not go as rough?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say not to worry. More scratches don't equal better sex. And your girlfriend seems to think the same. Maybe she just respects that you are not really into it and therefore does it a bit less intensely?

I had a casual relationship that was pretty rough in bed (and I enjoyed it a lot), and my current boyfriend of two years is clearly not that keen, so I'm treating him a bit, well, softer? The sex is still so​ much better than any I ever had before. Just because you might enjoy something (i.e. her scratching) doesn't mean it's the be and end of all, and only more of it can make it more enjoyable for her.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say talk to her about it if you have any concerns, relationships are all about good communication! My ex and I routinely ended up covered in bruises and scratches after sex and we were totally into it, but it's not something that plays so much of a part in things with my current partner. I haven't found that it makes sex any less enjoyable or ~good~ or whatever, it's just that things you do in one relationship/setting aren't necessarily things you do in the next. Equally there are things I do now that I didn't really do with my ex and I like that too. idk, just bring it up next time you see her, I'm sure you guys can resolve things!

ReputationRep:
    I have talked to her about it hence her saying it wasn't as good when she made the guy bleed. I was just a bit jealous because I thought rougher meant better (as in it's so good she can't control the power of her scratching)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.