The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Invited to Interview at University of Kent

Hi there,

This is one of my choices and I've been invited to University of Kent for an interview. I am hoping to study Computing with a year in the industry.

Has anybody had an interview this Kent or another university? What sort of questions do they ask?
I just came back from my interview from kent last week.

Well the applicant day thing started at 10.15 and i reached there at 11.30 i didn't miss much from what i heard just a question and answer thing and a boring presentation. After that we had lunch and tour around the campus. i guess it was standard. Next we had another presentation and after that we had a few boring activities. We were split into 2 groups. One group waited for there interview the other group did some activities.

Well the interview was informal don't worry about anything. They just ask you questions based on your personal statement. i kinda lied a bit on my ps but they don't really care. They will also ask you what do you know about computers so far, if you know any programming and etc. make sure you are prepared to ask questions it got kinda awkward cus mine was quick and we had 5min left and i said nothing LOL
(edited 9 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks glad to know someone else went haha! I better read up on my personal statement, I forgot what I wrote haha. Oh that's alright I don't mind speaking about what I know. Are they friendly and polite?

What activities did you do? Is this your first choice or second choice? I don't which Uni I want to pick haha.
Original post by annoy123
Thanks glad to know someone else went haha! I better read up on my personal statement, I forgot what I wrote haha. Oh that's alright I don't mind speaking about what I know. Are they friendly and polite?

What activities did you do? Is this your first choice or second choice? I don't which Uni I want to pick haha.

Yeah they were really friendly. Tbh most of the lecturers or professors( what ever they are called) were really old. i dont know why i find that weird. Its a good idea to re read your statement but its not a must.

I applied for Leeds, Lancaster, Essex, Kent and brunel. i've only been to Kent and brunel. I Had an interview at essex today but couldn't be arsed to go xD. I really like kent but its a dead place. Before visiting the uni's My order of preference was, Leeds, lancaster essex kent and brunel. Now its Leeds followed my Kent
Reply 4
Ah that's good! Hahah more experience I suppose which is good. I'm guessing you're going to study Computer Science? As in the actual place Kent or university campus life? I don't know if I want to go to Kent but they were high up in the ranking of Computer Science so I chose them and they're one of the best for my chosen course; Computing.

Never been to Kent and I missed the open days as I was busy and I went other Unis.
Ah that's good! Hahah more experience I suppose which is good. I'm guessing you're going to study Computer Science? As in the actual place Kent or university campus life? I don't know if I want to go to Kent but they were high up in the ranking of Computer Science so I chose them and they're one of the best for my chosen course; Computing.

Never been to Kent and I missed the open days as I was busy and I went other Unis.

To be honest most open days and aplicant days are the same. Which uni's have you applied for? and yeah ithe kent uni is a place called canterbury which is really small and looks awesome too. Im studying computer science and the only reason why i applied there is cus they dont require a b for gcse maths. Im retaking it this summer and if i do get a B or higher i'll go to leeds. Kent is more of a back up
Reply 6
Yeah well some universities appeal to me better than the others. I applied for Computing (Less mathematical based course), I'm alright at Maths just I was not good in exam haha. My course is on the Medway campus at Kent.

I've received an unconditional from Bournemouth University (In par with Kent for course statistics).
Conditional Offer from Swansea University, University of Liverpool, Plymouth University(Don't even like that uni, don't know why I applied).
Interview from Kent :P
Yeah well some universities appeal to me better than the others. I applied for Computing (Less mathematical based course), I'm alright at Maths just I was not good in exam haha. My course is on the Medway campus at Kent.

I've received an unconditional from Bournemouth University (In par with Kent for course statistics).
Conditional Offer from Swansea University, University of Liverpool, Plymouth University(Don't even like that uni, don't know why I applied).
Interview from Kent :P

Anyway good luck
Reply 8
Hey,
I also applied for a course at Kent and I was asked to write an essay about a specific topic. Were any of you also asked to write an essay or were you only invited to an interview? I’m kind of freaking out about this essay right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending