Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

i'm nearly 18 and have no form of photo ID so am going to apply for a citizen card. however, i would obviously like it for my 18th but as i'm not 18 yet they will not post an ID in the 18+ age band until i am 18 (or possibly the day before). if i got an age 16-17 ID would i still be able to use this as proof that i am 18? it will obviously have my date of birth and photo on the card.

or also, how long does it take for a provisional driving licence to arrive? and what ID do you need to give with that as i do not have a passport.

You can use the 16-17 citizencard to prove you are 18 when you turn 18, as you said, it has your dob on it.

They post the card out the day before your 18th birthday. You can pay extra to get it posted Special Delivery if you dont trust the normal post. Much better to get the 18+ card because it's got the Police and SIA logos on it. the 16/17 card doesnt.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.