Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I realise how Facebook is in a similar way to the TV and Football industry a way of the government keeping the working class passive so they can pull the wool over the public's eyes.

however despite this, I'm a little bored and lonely right now at uni so would like to post a status to my 300 'friends' on the site. Got any good ideas or inspiration for me as I have no idea what to say! I'm thinking of leaving the site soon anyway, but I won't post anything rude as I happen to have a lot of my old teachers on there too!

Thanks for any replies, I will rep the best ones!

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps something to do with politics, current affairs or a joke of some kind! I just want the excitement of writing a status one last time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DailyMailIsALiar)
    Football industry a way of the government keeping the working class passive so they can pull the wool over the public's eyes
    hahahahahhahahahhahahahha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midgemeister7)
    hahahahahhahahahhahahahha
    It is, as with the betting industry.

Often, the working class who are on minimum wage zero hour contracts have very little financial prospects or chances of social mobility. This is a very tricky situation for the government, as if the sheer number of people in this position had nothing to take the spotlight off of their own lives they could form a dangerous rebellion against the government. (A peasants revolt). Therefore the prospect of betting and the National Lottery alongside watching their team gives the masses with little prospects a flicker of hope and keeps them passive.

ReputationRep:
    You should tell them that Facebook is a way the government keeps the working class passive so they can pull the wool over the public's eyes. You could then say that the government are illuminati. Just imagine the amount of likes and shares you'll get? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by `Jts)
    You should tell them that Facebook is a way the government keeps the working class passive so they can pull the wool over the public's eyes. You could then say that the government are illuminati. Just imagine the amount of likes and shares you'll get? :eek:
    Do you agree with this view yourself though? It's certainly my view but I don't want to post something which makes me look silly or arrogant!

ReputationRep:
    Do you agree with this view yourself though? It's certainly my view but I don't want to post something which makes me look silly or arrogant!
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I actually seriously need something to say, this is actually an emergency, please give me ideas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by `Jts)
    No.
    So do you think that Facebook encourages the masses to be politically active, educates them and harneses their social mobility?

ReputationRep:
    Be popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingStannis)
    Be popular.
    Are you telling me to do that or is that your status suggestion?

Please people, I'm quite lonely here, I really want to reach out to my old friends somehow.

ReputationRep:
    Are you telling me to do that or is that your status suggestion?

Please people, I'm quite lonely here, I really want to reach out to my old friends somehow.
    The quality of a fb status is fairly irrelevant to how many likes it gets; the popularity of the person is what matters.

ReputationRep:
    The quality of a fb status is fairly irrelevant to how many likes it gets; the popularity of the person is what matters.
    I always used to be popular at school, but I don't mind how many likes it gets, I just want to say something but have no idea what to say! Anything would do!

ReputationRep:
    Anything would do! I just see the empty status box and have no idea what to write!

I'm very lonely here at the minute, so I just want to say something to remind my former friends im on here, as they presume that I'm inactive!

ReputationRep:
    Anything would do! I just see the empty status box and have no idea what to write!

I'm very lonely here at the minute, so I just want to say something to remind my former friends im on here, as they presume that I'm inactive!
    dunno, something funny, a comment on the football...not sure.

ReputationRep:
    dunno, something funny, a comment on the football...not sure.
    Which subject was your last status about (if you don't mind me asking!), I'm not really a football fan, they'd tgink something was up with me!

ReputationRep:
    Which subject was your last status about (if you don't mind me asking!), I'm not really a football fan, they'd tgink something was up with me!
    cant even remember my last status. you could try sharing funny stuff?

ReputationRep:
    cant even remember my last status. you could try sharing funny stuff?
    I'll try to think of a joke! Could I maybe write a few words of wisdom or a quote? Perhaps I could pretend that I have been F-raped?

ReputationRep:
    I'll try to think of a joke! Could I maybe write a few words of wisdom or a quote? Perhaps I could pretend that I have been F-raped?
    just do what you want to.

ReputationRep:
    Omg it might snow tommorow?

Why are you desperate to post a status?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.