Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello to anyone who is reading, my names Sophie and I'm hopefully going to be posting about my revision and how its helping me improve

I plan to post most days about what revision I have done and/or recent test grades and results. So far I have started a rough revision timetable and written out the topics from each subject.

My my target grades so far range from C - A. The grades I am getting now are as followed :
    • English - B (KSTG - C)
    • French - B/A (KSTG - C)
    • General Studies - A (KSTG - A)
    • Geography - D/C (KSTG - B)
    • German - D/C (KSTG - B)
    • Maths - A (KSTG - A)
    • Media Studies - B (KSTG - B)
    • Religious Studies - B (KSTG - A)
    • Additional Science - A (KSTG - A)

My goals are to improve on these grades overall and also some specifics to do with subjects I'm struggling with.
    1. Acheive a B in geography (an A at a push).
    2. Go from a C in foundation for German to a more solid B in higher.
    3. Push myself to get A* 's in biology and maths.
    4. Also to attend more revision classes and do more past papers.

Sorry that was long I just wanna try to compare what I started out like to what I finish with

So far I have planned to do about 2 hours of revision a night after school not including extra revision classes. I've began this already so it seems quite alright at the moment but I'll see how it goes!

Also if anybody could possibly help me with some geography or German I would really appreciate it. I am always here to help with maths questions or any other things you need help with

Thats it for now, Sophie
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that 21sophie21's grades have been verified!

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by 21sophie21)
    Hello to anyone who is reading, my names Sophie and I'm hopefully going to be posting about my revision and how its helping me improve

I plan to post most days about what revision I have done and/or recent test grades and results. So far I have started a rough revision timetable and written out the topics from each subject.

My my target grades so far range from C - A. The grades I am getting now are as followed :
    • English - B (KSTG - C)
    • Maths - A (KSTG - A)

My goals are to improve on these grades overall and also some specifics to do with subjects I'm struggling with.

Sorry that was long I just wanna try to compare what I started out like to what I finish with

So far I have planned to do about 2 hours of revision a night after school not including extra revision classes. I've began this already so it seems quite alright at the moment but I'll see how it goes!

Also if anybody could possibly help me with some geography or German I would really appreciate it. I am always here to help with maths questions or any other things you need help with

Thats it for now, Sophie
    Hey Sophie!

That looks like a good plan you've got there Keep going and you'll smash it this summer!

I did German as one of my GCSE's, so I can certainly help you out for that Anything that you're particularly stuck on, or is it just general queries? :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    Here to help with any maths ❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsLover28)
    Here to help with any maths ❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not if I help first!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frogs r everywhere)
    Not if I help first!
    let's just wait and see about that one. Regardless of who does ..as long as O.P. gets her question answered

ReputationRep:

• English - B (KSTG - C)
    • Maths - A (KSTG - A)

Thats it for now, Sophie
    In addition to maths, i'm here for physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsLover28)
    let's just wait and see about that one. Regardless of who does ..as long as O.P. gets her question answered
    Do you dare to challenge me "MathsLover28"? Challenge accepted! :ninja2:

Haha, yes I was only playing around. Of course! :lol:

ReputationRep:

in all fairness, I've probably forgotten half of my gcse maths, so il let you help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovinlife2)
    Hey Sophie!

That looks like a good plan you've got there Keep going and you'll smash it this summer!

I did German as one of my GCSE's, so I can certainly help you out for that Anything that you're particularly stuck on, or is it just general queries? :^_^:
    Hi,
    Thank you it's mostly just word order and structure, as long as I try and learn vocab I should do okay for reading!

ReputationRep:

Haha thank you both for wanting to help You might end up regretting offering soon!
    Sophie
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hi,
    Thank you it's mostly just word order and structure, as long as I try and learn vocab I should do okay for reading!
    Heya,

No worries Ahh that's absolutely fine! Ooh yes, reading vocab is essential aha

VERBS (Word order)

Normal word order: Noun + verb + rest of sentence
    Example: Ich (Noun) habe (Verb) eine Schwester. (extra information)
    Translation: I have a sister.

When you have more than one verb involved, the word order changes slightly:

Example: Ich (Noun) möchte (1st verb) bitte ein Glas Orangensaft (extra information) trinken (2nd verb).
    Translation: I would like to drink a glass of orange juice please.

Note here that the second verb that is referring to an action, goes at the end. The second verb (also known as the infinitive as it's not conjugated e.g. - to be, to go, to surf) will usually be "doing" something.

After a time phrase, the verb always falls afterwards:

Example: In der Zukunft, möchte ich ein rieseges Haus kaufen.
    Translation: In the future, I would like to buy a huge house.

(Here you can see that the second verb, 'kaufen' is at the end because it's "doing" something)

With questions, the verb will almost always go after the time phrase (if there is one), otherwise, it goes first:

Example: Bist du/Sind Sie Deutsch?
    Example 2: In der Zukunft (time phrase), wann (2nd time phrase) werde ich hieraten?
    Translation 2: In the future, when will I get married?

- It's also useful to know that the main infinitives such as haben and sein, when faced with 2 or more verbs in a sentence, they will always be at the end of the phrase or sentence.

Example: Ich würde den Hund gesehen haben, wenn ich nicht so schnell fahren.
    Translation: I would have seen that dog if I wasn't driving so fast.

"Haben" goes write at the end of the first phrase because it's a main verb. The second sentence has a time phrase "wenn", so the verb "fahren" goes straight to the end of the sentence.

This is just the basics for word order really

I hope this made sense to you and let me know if you have any troubles with this!

If you have anymore queries, don't hesitate to PM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovinlife2)
    Thanks so much for this! I've already been adding this into my paragraphs

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Sorry I haven't posted anything in here for ages I've been really busy with schoolwork and coursework and English and vocab and blah blah blah. At least it's half term now

I've been doing revision for my mocks coming up next week and I really hope that my grades do go up. I recently found mygcsescience which is really useful for revision and recapping lessons.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites for geography revision or books I could buy? It's what I'm struggling in most but I need to prove people wrong and get a good grade.

That's it for now really I hope to be posting more often this week so I should be back here soon!

Sophie

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Sorry I haven't posted anything in here for ages I've been really busy with schoolwork and coursework and English and vocab and blah blah blah. At least it's half term now

I've been doing revision for my mocks coming up next week and I really hope that my grades do go up. I recently found mygcsescience which is really useful for revision and recapping lessons.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites for geography revision or books I could buy? It's what I'm struggling in most but I need to prove people wrong and get a good grade.

That's it for now really I hope to be posting more often this week so I should be back here soon!

Sophie
    CGP Geography Book or the actual book from your exam board bought from the official website. Or you can just revise from the internet .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    CGP Geography Book or the actual book from your exam board bought from the official website. Or you can just revise from the internet .
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    Not a problem, if you need help in maths, ask me anytime. As you can see, I'm always active on this forum, and on the maths section if I am able to answer any of the questions there, in most cases no as they are A-Level related questions :P. Please, feel free to ask me any GCSE Maths Questions. It feels nice when you help people .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    Not a problem, if you need help in maths, ask me anytime. As you can see, I'm always active on this forum, and on the maths section if I am able to answer any of the questions there, in most cases no as they are A-Level related questions :P. Please, feel free to ask me any GCSE Maths Questions. It feels nice when you help people .
    Thank you for the offer! My maths teacher hasn't been in for around 3/4 months this year so we've missed quite a lot of the course :/

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the offer! My maths teacher hasn't been in for around 3/4 months this year so we've missed quite a lot of the course :/
    Oh god, trouble for you, if you are in year 11!
    Nevertheless, ask me for help on topics that you struggle with, I'll help you on any of them, whether they're A* or C.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.