Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    To those who are dating or have in the past, what do you talk about once you're a few months into seeing each other? Like topics. I'm curious.

ReputationRep:
    Everything. I'm always amazed at how topics never seem to end. There's always a new thing to discuss - a life event, an idea, an article one of us has read, a story from the past that hasn't been told yet.

ReputationRep:
    Talking is boring, sex is the only thing a man wants from a woman.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cheese

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yabbayabba)
    To those who are dating or have in the past, what do you talk about once you're a few months into seeing each other? Like topics. I'm curious.
    Other couples

ReputationRep:
    My favourite topics are: music, films, sex, interests (for instance my penchant for classical history and whatever my partner's may be), gossip, stuff that happens in life, plans for the future, discussing religion, politics and the world.

Anything really - depends on what mood we'd be in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illegal Algebra)
    Talking is boring, sex is the only thing a man wants from a woman.
    You must get with some really boring women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    You must get with some really boring women.
    I'm a virgin, I've never spoken to a girl in my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illegal Algebra)
    I'm a virgin, I've never spoken to a girl in my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Perhaps that's your problem...

ReputationRep:
    How our day was, what we ate... what we're doing tomorrow... lol i'm so boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric III)
    My favourite topics are: music, films, sex, interests (for instance my penchant for classical history and whatever my partner's may be), gossip, stuff that happens in life, plans for the future, discussing religion, politics and the world.

Anything really - depends on what mood we'd be in.
    By sex do you mean sexy talk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yabbayabba)
    By sex do you mean sexy talk?
    I mean discussing what we like, what we'd still like to do, sexting etc. Primarily the former of the three because there's more to say.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not politics.

ReputationRep:
    I got a dashcam for my car recently and when looking back at the footage it surprised me what utter nonsense my girlfriend and I chat about. We've known each other for three and a half years and been together for two and a half. We spend a lot of time just hanging out watching TV when neither of us are at work, and the rest of the stuff we talk about is either plans for the week or whatever needs doing around our flat. We don't mind doing our own thing though so it doesn't really get boring.

ReputationRep:
    I used to say whatever was on my mind, there was never a moment when I thought 'hmm what topic should I talk about'. Theyd be things about my day, my subjects, how I was feeling, what I was doing etc. We used to have the most random conversations and they'd be so weird at times; I could never speak to anyone else like that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.