Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know where I could get a copy of Microsoft Excel quickly? (toally legally) e.g. purchase but then instant download

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    Does anybody know where I could get a copy of Microsoft Excel quickly? (toally legally) e.g. purchase but then instant download
    Microsoft does nothing like valve does with steam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    may i ask why you need it so quickly?

you can always try www.staroffice.com its free and i think it opens excel files.

ReputationRep:
    Open Office will do the trick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Open Office will do the trick.
    But be careful, you need to convert files back and forth to get full use, and you may lose some of the program specific features from the original sheet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    But be careful, you need to convert files back and forth to get full use, and you may lose some of the program specific features from the original sheet.
    True 'dat. *Ahem*

Just as a stop-gap solution if you need an immediate solution - it should cope with basic functionality, provided that's all you need. Failing that, why not download a copy from Kazaa, and make up for the morality issues by buying a full version at a later date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    True 'dat. *Ahem*

Just as a stop-gap solution if you need an immediate solution - it should cope with basic functionality, provided that's all you need. Failing that, why not download a copy from Kazaa, and make up for the morality issues by buying a full version at a later date?
    I vaguely remember having morals, but I think they migrated to quo'nos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    True 'dat. *Ahem*

yeah or if you aint got the money then you can just uninstall it, i'm sure mr gates will let you off just this once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I vaguely remember having morals, but I think they migrated to quo'nos.
    I had to look that up on Google in order to truly comprehend it's comical genius. :cool:

Tell me now, Trekkie, or Trekker? What's the difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    I had to look that up on Google in order to truly comprehend it's comical genius. :cool:

Tell me now, Trekkie, or Trekker? What's the difference?
    trekker = american

trekkie = british

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.