Has anyone had success with online at home courses? Watch

MrJack2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Firstly, I am sorry if this is the wrong section to post this I couldn't seem to find a better place to ask.

Hello,
I am 19 years old and left school at 16 to start an apprenticeship. After enjoying myself and earning money I am now looking to start a new career path and want to go to University.

I have looked at local colleges and none of them do any courses for adults. I have found multiple courses online that are intensive so i'll be studying a lot harder to complete my A-levels in one year instead of two.

I have read a lot of bad things about some of the companies offering these courses and was wondering if anyone has had a good successful experience.

I thinking of going through NEC (National Extension College).

Thanks a lot,
Jack
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
National Extension College (and similar) are expensive. A lot of people have posted on TSR that they thought they didn't get a lot for the money. You can just buy textbooks and learn on your own, and it's a lot cheaper. However, not everyone has the motivation to succeed entirely on their own - and with NEC you get a tutor. But it is over £500 for a course, so you could have some private lessons and probably still save money. The cost doesn't include exam fees, so that will add another hundred or so on top per subject.
MrJack2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have never heard of just buying the textbooks. Is that really all I need? How will i know what to learn in the first place? Motivation is not a problem but like you said £500 a course is a lot for anyone but if it's what i need to spend then I will.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads