Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's a lack of pictures around for most of the accommodation (as I know from experience) so under the spoilers are links to hopefully to the visual information you're all needing.

General Info -
    Spoiler:
    Show

How to Apply

FAQs

How to Apply

The Guide (which contains minimal pictures but broadly describes each place.

Queens Road -

West Downs -
    Spoiler:
    Show

Burma Road -

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! That's really cool and helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Took a while to assemble but kinda needed. I'm a first year so feel free to message me about anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Can I ask, where did you live before moving to Winchester?

I'm from London/Brighton and I'm trying to figure out if I could live in a small place after living in cities! I've received an offer from Winchester to study media production, I'm over the moon! However I feel I do not know enough about it yet. Any opinions would be good to hear. Thanks 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I came from Essex (near Colchester, which has a town similar to Winchester). It's honestly not too bad, no-one really goes to town at all and if you want to do shopping, you can get a train to Southampton which is quite large/has most main shops. The only thing it lacks is nightlife, but they make up for that at the SU. If you come to an open day and arrive early/get everything done you can walk into town and look around to get a feel of the area.

It's an amazing place even if it does lack some things. I feel in love on my open day aha.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I have an open day on the 21st so might hang around afterwards to get a feel of the area. I'm not a party animal so lack of nightlife sounds pretty good haha!

What accomdation do you live in?

Thank you for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in West Downs with shared bathroom. Was my last choice lol, but I actually like it. I never got to see West Downs on my open day since they only show some accommodation hence me making this post for nervous students-to-be.

ReputationRep:
    How come you didn't get your choice?
    I'm a bit worried about that, I've heard bad things about the organisation of the accommodation xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Last year everything went a little badly because they were still building, so some people didn't get accommodation at all/had to live in Southampton and commute. They've since started bringing them people onto campus as work gets completed, so it should be fine by September. It's first come first served too, so get in as quick as you can (minus the unconditional students). I did my UCAS late and such so I kind of missed out but it turned out fine.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, how quickly does accommodation get booked up? As I am still waiting to hear back from other unis and can't apply for accommodation at winchester until I hear back from all, and also I want to come to the open day first before I firm winchester so I was just wondering if I wouldn't get my first choice if I waited 5 days or so from when applications open to when the open day is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied for accommodation today did anyone else put Burma road as their first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They don't start allocating accom till like july. Last year they said june and had everyone going mad haha, so I wouldn't worry!

ReputationRep:
    Burma road is my first choice too

ReputationRep:
    It's first come first served, so do apply as soon as you can in order to get something you want, but anything they give is usually good. I didn't get my first choice, and got a communal toilet and shower! But now I'm here, and spent the year here, it's actually been really nice and I have no complaints.

ReputationRep:
    can you reupload the pictures of burma? I cant open them DX

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.