Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering what other people's techniques for dealing with school and exam stress. I have so much on along on a lot of extracurriculars and I work very hard in class. Sometimes I feel snowed under and don't end up doing that much work which makes me feel like a bit of a fraud. How do you cope with the stress of school and working hard? What about studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you know what field of work you want to go into; just focus on the subjects related to it. Seriously would have saved myself a lot of stress if I realized how little my exam grades meant. ESPECIALLY if you do lots of out of school things; they're worth A LOT more than grades.
    In the end, I went down the 'art route' (as I'm now an illustrator)...but I used to stress over all my exams, even the stupid ones like RE or Maths, convinced anything lower than an A was an utter failure. That my family would be dissapointed; that it was a sign 'I hadn't done my best'. I even re-sat exams to go up a grade.

Then I miserably failed Biology at A level, going from previously A's to an F, because I didn't understand the subject in the slightest. My family weren't disappointed, and you know what- I didnt even care about the grade, because the class had been so much fun. If I could go back to that class again, I would!
    So try and have fun in all your classes, and enjoy them for what they are and the friends that are there...because 9 times out of 10, the grades mean NOTHING
    If the revisions getting stressful; its a sign your doing too much (and none of it will go in!).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.