Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was enrolled in a university in China which I didn't find it good and had hard time there. So I dropped the first year, and now for the second year I have two options. Both of the universities are good, but they differ in some subjects which I don't know which will benefit it me later on my career.

Both universities have (in common):
    Code:
    - Human Anatomy
     - General Chemistry
     - Physics
     - Organic Chemistry
     - Cell Biology
     - Histology & Embryology
     - Physiology
     - Biochemistry
     - Microbiology
     - Immunology
     - Human Parasitology
     - Preventive Medicine
     - Pathophysiology
     - Molecular Biology
     - Pharmacology
     - Forensic Medicine
     - Epidemiology
     - Diagnostics
     - Internal Medicine
     - Surgery
     - Pediatrics
     - Gynecology & Obstetrics
     - Dermatology (One has it combined with "Veneteology")
     - Neurology
     - Ophthalmology
     - Emergency Medicine
     - Psychiatry
     - Otolaryngology
    But, here is the problem, the universities differ in these subjects:
    Code:
    1st one has:
    - Psychology
    - Medical Ethics
    - Pathological Anatomy (2nd has Pathology)
    - Medical Genetics
    - Health Statistics (2nd has Biostatics)
    - Sectional & Imaging Anatomy
    - Nuclear Medicine
    - Image Diagnosis (2nd has Radiology Diagnosis)
    - Health Law
    - Lab Diagnostics
    - Philology
    - Infectious Diseases (2nd has Lemology)
    - Dentistry (2nd has Stomatology)
    - Convalescence Medicine

2nd one has:
    - Mathematics
    - Medical Terminology
    - Basic Computer Application
    - Basic toxicology
    - Maternal child & adolescent health
    Thank you very much,
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Weird question! Erm I would pick the first one. Maths and computer application aren't very medical, and the alternatives you list are just different words for the same kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    What are you actually asking here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaholme)
    Weird question! Erm I would pick the first one. Maths and computer application aren't very medical, and the alternatives you list are just different words for the same kind of thing.
    Hahaha, Sorry! Umm, can you tell me which alternatives are same thing but different synonym? I tried googling but, couldn't find anything related to some of them.

(Original post by Etomidate)
    What are you actually asking here?
    Which university (1st or 2nd) would be more beneficial for my future life? as a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    lemology = infectious diseases. (I had to google that one) Radiology diagnostics = image diagnosis. As both cover O&G and paeds then I'd have thought the mother and child health were already covered. It seems a strange way to choose a medical school though.

ReputationRep:
    1st one has:- Psychology - useful - Medical Ethics - useful - Pathological Anatomy (2nd has Pathology) - usefulish (you'll probably cover pathology and anatomy you don't need pathological anatomy)- Medical Genetics - useful- Health Statistics (2nd has Biostatics) - useful- Sectional & Imaging Anatomy - useful- Nuclear Medicine - may be useful - Image Diagnosis - useful- Health Law - kind of cool to learn but not really useful especially if you don't plan on practicing in China- Lab Diagnostics - useful- Philology - not useful- Infectious Diseases - useful- Dentistry (2nd has Stomatology) - useful - Convalescence Medicine - useful

2nd one has:- Mathematics - not very useful- Medical Terminology - covered already in other courses- Basic Computer Application - don't know how advanced this is but you may already know this - Basic toxicology - useful- Maternal child & adolescent health - useful- Radiology Diagnosis - useful (this is probably pretty similar to lab diagnostics)- Lemology - useful (similar to infectious diseases)

So overall I would take the 1st one as it has more useful courses. Think about other factors including where you will be living and what your options are post-graduation etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okorange)
    1st one has:- Psychology - useful - Medical Ethics - useful - Pathological Anatomy (2nd has Pathology) - usefulish (you'll probably cover pathology and anatomy you don't need pathological anatomy)- Medical Genetics - useful- Health Statistics (2nd has Biostatics) - useful- Sectional & Imaging Anatomy - useful- Nuclear Medicine - may be useful - Image Diagnosis - useful- Health Law - kind of cool to learn but not really useful especially if you don't plan on practicing in China- Lab Diagnostics - useful- Philology - not useful- Infectious Diseases - useful- Dentistry (2nd has Stomatology) - useful - Convalescence Medicine - useful

2nd one has:- Mathematics - not very useful- Medical Terminology - covered already in other courses- Basic Computer Application - don't know how advanced this is but you may already know this - Basic toxicology - useful- Maternal child & adolescent health - useful- Radiology Diagnosis - useful (this is probably pretty similar to lab diagnostics)- Lemology - useful (similar to infectious diseases)

So overall I would take the 1st one as it has more useful courses. Think about other factors including where you will be living and what your options are post-graduation etc.
    Nice reply, thank you for the brief answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taysidefrog)
    lemology = infectious diseases. (I had to google that one) Radiology diagnostics = image diagnosis. As both cover O&G and paeds then I'd have thought the mother and child health were already covered. It seems a strange way to choose a medical school though.
    Alright, thank you very much.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ahmedekri)
    Hahaha, Sorry! Umm, can you tell me which alternatives are same thing but different synonym? I tried googling but, couldn't find anything related to some of them.

- Pathological Anatomy (2nd has Pathology)
    - Health Statistics (2nd has Biostatics)
    - Dentistry (2nd has Stomatology)
    The above are the same thing. Pathological anatomy IS pathology etc. Very likely to be the same course - different words.
    Also from the above, nuclear medicine will actually be quite useful, it's the basis of most of the more modern imaging techniques.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaholme)
    The above are the same thing. Pathological anatomy IS pathology etc. Very likely to be the same course - different words.
    Also from the above, nuclear medicine will actually be quite useful, it's the basis of most of the more modern imaging techniques.
    Oh okay, thank you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I don't even know what some of those words mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    I don't even know what some of those words mean.
    Hahahaha

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.