Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Made this anonymous just in case.

First off, I know this is pathetic and I don't care if you hate on this thread, I'm just looking for some advice.

Recently, I've started to notice that a lot more people at my school are starting to have parties and I'm never invited, I have 5-6 GOOD/CLOSE friends but I'm not popular or particularly unpopular. Pretty much all my friends get invited but I never do, I always feel really jealous and I hear stories of what happened after and I just feel like I'm missing out (I'm 16). Am I missing out on much? Older people always talk about how fun and enjoyable their teenage years were - I haven't experienced anything like that before.

Another thing is that I never really go out with my friends to their houses, the cinema or do anything with them really, I just don't go out much, I'm not very outgoing, I guess this could this be part of it?

Any advice on what to do to try and get more involved with people?

Pathetic - I know.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you just hang out with these people but their not actually your friends?

I had the same predicament in sixth form, I hung out with these so called ''friends" but never invited me anywhere. So I just moved on and made new friends.

If they genuinely are your friends ask them about going out and what their doing and if you can tag along etc..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.