Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a bisexual Muslim dating a lesbian atheist, ask me anything! :) watch

Fire away guys!

Disclaimer: If you're being an unpleasant little ****, don't be surprised if I choose to ignore your question/comments.

It is explicit in the Koran that acts with the same sex are forbidden and that men and women are made for eachother. When you say "muslim bisexual", do you just mean a person that has been raised as a muslim, yet does not practice the faith? Because if you did, like in pretty much all Abrahamic religion, you'd find that homosexuality is forbidden.

ReputationRep:
    inb4 'repent'
    inb4 'you're destined for the hellfire'
    inb4 'may Allah guide you'
    inb4 'This is the work of Shaytan'

ReputationRep:
    Hope you're happy and will be able to continue to be so

What.the.heck.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    whats your fav food?

ReputationRep:
    Do you care about not following your faith?

ReputationRep:
    Why did you raise this in the "health issues" forum?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    It is explicit in the Koran that acts with the same sex are forbidden and that men and women are made for eachother. When you say "muslim bisexual", do you just mean a person that has been raised as a muslim, yet does not practice the faith? Because if you did, like in pretty much all Abrahamic religion, you'd find that homosexuality is forbidden.
    Strictly speaking, sodomy is completely haram. Having looked up scholarly interpretations, I found that some scholars don't consider lesbian sex to be real sex, because penetrative sex involves a phallus, of which neither of us females have. So it's not counted as proper sex.
    I have been raised as Muslim, and I wear the hijab. It was my choice to do so. However, as I have become more aware and understanding of the flaws in my faith, there are several things with Islam that I struggle to grasp, hence deterring me from being 'a good Muslim'. But I am trying to hold on to my Iman, with His help.
    As for homosexuality being forbidden, just a side note, in Kuwait, Muslim women are allowed to marry each other, whereas gay Muslim males are not, purely because of the fact that sodomy is strictly forbidden. So I feel that I am not committing such a grave atrocity.

(Original post by h3isenberg)
    inb4 'repent'
    inb4 'you're destined for the hellfire'
    inb4 'may Allah guide you'
    inb4 'This is the work of Shaytan'
    1. I don't feel that I am doing something that I ought to repent for. I didn't kill anybody. All I did was fall in love with someone of the same gender. No harm done, in all honesty.
    2. Okay. Lovely.
    3. Thanks.
    4. I am 18, and old enough to think through the decisions I make. I have thought this through, and I am happy with where I am in this relationship. I couldn't be happier.

ReputationRep:
    All you need now is to tell us you're black and you'd hit the jackpot! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    1. I don't feel that I am doing something that I ought to repent for. I didn't kill anybody. All I did was fall in love with someone of the same gender. No harm done, in all honesty.
    2. Okay. Lovely.
    3. Thanks.
    4. I am 18, and old enough to think through the decisions I make. I have thought this through, and I am happy with where I am in this relationship. I couldn't be happier.
    I think you misunderstand, I was making fun of the pious Muslim clichés that are thrown around. I personally see nothing wrong with your relationship.

(Original post by Viridiana)
    Hope you're happy and will be able to continue to be so
    I am!! She makes me the happiest person ever. I'm truly blessed to have her. Thank you for yor kind wrds, Viridiana ))

What.the.heck.
    Umm, get a drink of water and lie down for a bit?

(Original post by Simes)
    Why did you raise this in the "health issues" forum?
    Oh, whoops! I didn't even realise. How do I move this elsewhere?

(Original post by cupcakes87)
    whats your fav food?
    Sensible answer: My mom's yakhni pilau (look it up, its awesome!) and I quite like lasagne too.

Inappropriate answer: My girlfriend tastes pretty damn nice, if you catch my drift

(Original post by nosaer)
    All you need now is to tell us you're black and you'd hit the jackpot! :lol:
    HAHAHAHA!!! Well, i'm Asian but my girlfriend is black!

Strictly speaking, sodomy is completely haram. Having looked up scholarly interpretations, I found that some scholars don't consider lesbian sex to be real sex, because penetrative sex involves a phallus, of which neither of us females have. So it's not counted as proper sex.
    I have been raised as Muslim, and I wear the hijab. It was my choice to do so. However, as I have become more aware and understanding of the flaws in my faith, there are several things with Islam that I struggle to grasp, hence deterring me from being 'a good Muslim'. But I am trying to hold on to my Iman, with His help.
    As for homosexuality being forbidden, just a side note, in Kuwait, Muslim women are allowed to marry each other, whereas gay Muslim males are not, purely because of the fact that sodomy is strictly forbidden. So I feel that I am not committing such a grave atrocity.
    Kind of unfair on the gay men but okay...

How did you meet your gf and how many people in your life know about it?

(Original post by h3isenberg)
    I think you misunderstand, I was making fun of the pious Muslim clichés that are thrown around. I personally see nothing wrong with your relationship.
    oohhhhhhh right, I get you now. Brilliant! How pleasant you are
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Sensible answer: My mom's yakhni pilau (look it up, its awesome!) and I quite like lasagne too.

Inappropriate answer: My girlfriend tastes pretty damn nice, if you catch my drift
    Your inappropriate answer would've been my serious answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.