The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It is explicit in the Koran that acts with the same sex are forbidden and that men and women are made for eachother. When you say "muslim bisexual", do you just mean a person that has been raised as a muslim, yet does not practice the faith? Because if you did, like in pretty much all Abrahamic religion, you'd find that homosexuality is forbidden.
inb4 'repent'
inb4 'you're destined for the hellfire'
inb4 'may Allah guide you'
inb4 'This is the work of Shaytan'
Hope you're happy and will be able to continue to be so :biggrin:
What.the.heck.
whats your fav food? :biggrin:
Do you care about not following your faith?
Reply 7
Why did you raise this in the "health issues" forum?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
It is explicit in the Koran that acts with the same sex are forbidden and that men and women are made for eachother. When you say "muslim bisexual", do you just mean a person that has been raised as a muslim, yet does not practice the faith? Because if you did, like in pretty much all Abrahamic religion, you'd find that homosexuality is forbidden.

Strictly speaking, sodomy is completely haram. Having looked up scholarly interpretations, I found that some scholars don't consider lesbian sex to be real sex, because penetrative sex involves a phallus, of which neither of us females have. So it's not counted as proper sex.
I have been raised as Muslim, and I wear the hijab. It was my choice to do so. However, as I have become more aware and understanding of the flaws in my faith, there are several things with Islam that I struggle to grasp, hence deterring me from being 'a good Muslim'. But I am trying to hold on to my Iman, with His help.
As for homosexuality being forbidden, just a side note, in Kuwait, Muslim women are allowed to marry each other, whereas gay Muslim males are not, purely because of the fact that sodomy is strictly forbidden. So I feel that I am not committing such a grave atrocity.
Reply 9
Original post by h3isenberg
inb4 'repent'
inb4 'you're destined for the hellfire'
inb4 'may Allah guide you'
inb4 'This is the work of Shaytan'

1. I don't feel that I am doing something that I ought to repent for. I didn't kill anybody. All I did was fall in love with someone of the same gender. No harm done, in all honesty.
2. Okay. Lovely.
3. Thanks.
4. I am 18, and old enough to think through the decisions I make. I have thought this through, and I am happy with where I am in this relationship. I couldn't be happier.
Reply 10
All you need now is to tell us you're black and you'd hit the jackpot! :lol:
1. I don't feel that I am doing something that I ought to repent for. I didn't kill anybody. All I did was fall in love with someone of the same gender. No harm done, in all honesty.
2. Okay. Lovely.
3. Thanks.
4. I am 18, and old enough to think through the decisions I make. I have thought this through, and I am happy with where I am in this relationship. I couldn't be happier.

I think you misunderstand, I was making fun of the pious Muslim clichés that are thrown around. I personally see nothing wrong with your relationship.
Original post by Viridiana
Hope you're happy and will be able to continue to be so :biggrin:

I am!! She makes me the happiest person ever. I'm truly blessed to have her. Thank you for yor kind wrds, Viridiana :smile:))
What.the.heck.

Umm, get a drink of water and lie down for a bit?
Original post by Simes
Why did you raise this in the "health issues" forum?

Oh, whoops! I didn't even realise. How do I move this elsewhere?
Original post by cupcakes87
whats your fav food? :biggrin:

Sensible answer: My mom's yakhni pilau (look it up, its awesome!) and I quite like lasagne too.

Inappropriate answer: My girlfriend tastes pretty damn nice, if you catch my drift :smile:
Original post by nosaer
All you need now is to tell us you're black and you'd hit the jackpot! :lol:

HAHAHAHA!!! Well, i'm Asian but my girlfriend is black!
Strictly speaking, sodomy is completely haram. Having looked up scholarly interpretations, I found that some scholars don't consider lesbian sex to be real sex, because penetrative sex involves a phallus, of which neither of us females have. So it's not counted as proper sex.
I have been raised as Muslim, and I wear the hijab. It was my choice to do so. However, as I have become more aware and understanding of the flaws in my faith, there are several things with Islam that I struggle to grasp, hence deterring me from being 'a good Muslim'. But I am trying to hold on to my Iman, with His help.
As for homosexuality being forbidden, just a side note, in Kuwait, Muslim women are allowed to marry each other, whereas gay Muslim males are not, purely because of the fact that sodomy is strictly forbidden. So I feel that I am not committing such a grave atrocity.
Kind of unfair on the gay men but okay...

How did you meet your gf and how many people in your life know about it?
Original post by h3isenberg
I think you misunderstand, I was making fun of the pious Muslim clichés that are thrown around. I personally see nothing wrong with your relationship.

oohhhhhhh right, I get you now. Brilliant! How pleasant you are :smile:
Reply 19
Sensible answer: My mom's yakhni pilau (look it up, its awesome!) and I quite like lasagne too.

Inappropriate answer: My girlfriend tastes pretty damn nice, if you catch my drift :smile:

Your inappropriate answer would've been my serious answer:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest