Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi

right this is my situation. I applied via UCAS in early December having looked at courses and unis for ages and ages. I have had my heart set on Aston uni for about two years and they are still my number 1 (if they give me an offer!!)
    I have had two offers already which were made unconditional however they were my lower choices so wouldn't mind going there but would prefer Aston!
    I was on the Birmingham City Uni website earlier and realised that I should've put them down too as I would've got an offer, and Birmingham is where I definitely want to go.
    So I was wondering, because I've used up all my 5 choices, am I able to add another choice? I don't mind paying extra. I know that the UCAS Extra goes live in late Feb but that is for applicants with no offers; but I'm not one of those people! Is it worth ringing BCU and asking if they would still accept me after the deadline etc. My predicted grades are higher than what they're asking for so im hoping they'll let me do this?

Pleaseee help me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbell1997)
    hi

right this is my situation. I applied via UCAS in early December having looked at courses and unis for ages and ages. I have had my heart set on Aston uni for about two years and they are still my number 1 (if they give me an offer!!)
    I have had two offers already which were made unconditional however they were my lower choices so wouldn't mind going there but would prefer Aston!
    I was on the Birmingham City Uni website earlier and realised that I should've put them down too as I would've got an offer, and Birmingham is where I definitely want to go.
    So I was wondering, because I've used up all my 5 choices, am I able to add another choice? I don't mind paying extra. I know that the UCAS Extra goes live in late Feb but that is for applicants with no offers; but I'm not one of those people! Is it worth ringing BCU and asking if they would still accept me after the deadline etc. My predicted grades are higher than what they're asking for so im hoping they'll let me do this?

Pleaseee help me!
    you cant have another choice. you can only change within 7 days of applying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swanseajack1)
    you cant have another choice. you can only change within 7 days of applying
    oh damn what if I tried ringing them up and asking if they'd still accept me?

ReputationRep:
    oh damn what if I tried ringing them up and asking if they'd still accept me?
    No, you can't. This option is only available within 7 days of applying. Read the rules on Ucas. Your only option is to decline all your offers and withdraw all your applications in order to enter Extra, which may not even have the course you want in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    No, you can't. This option is only available within 7 days of applying. Read the rules on Ucas. Your only option is to decline all your offers and withdraw all your applications in order to enter Extra, which may not even have the course you want in it.
    oh, but if I decline all offers, does that mean I can't go through clearing if I need to?

ReputationRep:
    Personally ring them up, see what they say. And ask if you were to withdraw a option would you be able to then change it to Birmingham. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    oh, but if I decline all offers, does that mean I can't go through clearing if I need to?
    No, you can do that. But to be going through Clearing after declining all your offers means you have been unsuccessful in getting anything through Extra, which is probably not a risk you will feel happy taking if you have two offers now. You need to look at the rules of the applications process on Ucas since you seem to be rather unsure of what to do. It will avoid a lot of heartache.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew657Thomas)
    Personally ring them up, see what they say. And ask if you were to withdraw a option would you be able to then change it to Birmingham. Good luck!
    No, you cannot do this.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Andrew657Thomas)
    this isn't something for BCU to decide. The UCAS rules apply to all applicants so that everyone has a similar set of choices (with extra, clearing and adjustment there for backup).

OP the only way you could have done this is by not using up all 5 of your choices when you first applied. If you've used all 5 then that's your lot unless you're willing to decline any offers from those 5 and use Extra (which if Aston is still your preferred choice would be foolish). With extra and clearing you don't get an insurance choice.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.