Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've never been clubbing before and I might be going for the first time this Saturday. I was going to ask would I be able to wear these ALL black trainers to the club?

http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/ni...max-90/083285/

I don't really want to go out of my way and buy specific clothing for a club, that's quite retarded imo lol

Any help will be appreciated
    (And for all those ***** that want to say "are you even old enough to go to a club if you're asking what to wear" .. I've not been to a club before so I'm asking to save me the embarrassment of getting turned down :cool:)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Those shoes would not generally be accepted IMO.

You'd be looking at smart trainers/sneakers or shoes.

ReputationRep:
    Damn!! I really don't want to wear shoes with my jeans lol. Wait I might as well tell you what I'm planning on wearing, tell me if you think it's suitable for this specific club: Plain black T-shirt / ALL black jeans / sweatshirt ... (and my trainers as shown above hehehehe)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by BigA217)
    Damn!! I really don't want to wear shoes with my jeans lol. Wait I might as well tell you what I'm planning on wearing, tell me if you think it's suitable for this specific club: Plain black T-shirt / ALL black jeans / sweatshirt ... (and my trainers as shown above hehehehe)
    Dress code: Smart casual, strictly no sportswear (source: http://www.guestlistspot.com/bars-cl...r-tiger-london)

So everything is good, apart from your trainers.

ReputationRep:
    Clubs dress codes are nonsensical in the 21st century. Go somewhere where they don't judge you by what you wear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    Dress code: Smart casual, strictly no sportswear (source: http://www.guestlistspot.com/bars-cl...r-tiger-london)

So everything is good, apart from your trainers.
    Lol not going to lie I didn't even bother looking at their website.. But thanks for your help anyway

If another mate is going to wear similar all black trainers I shall do the same! I don't mind looking like a tit if a few people are made to look like tits, you sort of blend in! hahaha

To be honest i'll never understand why clubs have dress codes :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Clubs dress codes are nonsensical in the 21st century. Go somewhere where they don't judge you by what you wear.
    I completely agree, it's a load of *******s. Their is LITERALLY no point in having a damn dress code! And it's for a mates birthday and he wants to go their >.> lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Most dress codes are in place so that the bouncers can turn people they don't like the look of away. :yes:

If someone's too drunk but they don't want a row - dress code. If they're judging you and disapprove - dress code. :/

ReputationRep:
    Lol I love the way you put that! And I'm sure most bouncers are quite easy going ... or am I wrong? I mean if you don't piss them around or act like a **** surely they'll be quite chill?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by BigA217)
    Lol I love the way you put that! And I'm sure most bouncers are quite easy going ... or am I wrong? I mean if you don't piss them around or act like a **** surely they'll be quite chill?
    It really depends. Sometimes they can be the most moody people you've ever met (they've been dealing with drunks whilst sober all night - I'd probably be like that too! :lol:), sometimes they're great. But yeah, as long as you don't piss them off.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's fair enough lol and some people can act like complete knob heads when they're pissed! Well thanks for your help Sir! I guess the rest is up to me on whether or not I want to risk wearing my all black trainers! Cheers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.