Moving abroad Watch

s.a.u
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm actively considering emigrating for a couple of years. Mostly likely somewhere on the continent, but others are in consideration. I suppose I should say why. I don't like the way this country is heading. People are intolerant, the weather is horrendous, it's constant stress.

Since my parents moved abroad, even though they have jobs with arguably much more responsibility, they are so chilled. I'd only move to London, but it's so expensive. Why should I have to rent a room for what could get me a studio or flat in virtually any other European capital or major city?

I'm torn basically. Love this country to death, I know I'll return, but maybe it's time I took a break.

Anyone else in a similar situation?
Veggiechic6
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by s.a.u)
I'm actively considering emigrating for a couple of years. Mostly likely somewhere on the continent, but others are in consideration. I suppose I should say why. I don't like the way this country is heading. People are intolerant, the weather is horrendous, it's constant stress.

Since my parents moved abroad, even though they have jobs with arguably much more responsibility, they are so chilled. I'd only move to London, but it's so expensive. Why should I have to rent a room for what could get me a studio or flat in virtually any other European capital or major city?

I'm torn basically. Love this country to death, I know I'll return, but maybe it's time I took a break.

Anyone else in a similar situation?
By all means, move abroad. I lived in Japan for 16 months and loved it. Living in another country can be a great experience. However, all I'll say is that every country has its own problems. Don't move abroad and think your life is going to be rosy. Nothing is plain sailing and the higher your expectations of your life abroad will be, the more likely you'll be disappointed.
jakeel1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would love to move to Germany. I'm under no illusions about the difficuties; indeed my quality of life might even be lowered in the process, there is however something about the land of the poet and thinkers that has always struck a chord on my imagination.
Nu Skool Sharia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just go to the Med and take loads of drugs/drink/possibly whores if you're that way inclined. Two pissed up weeks in Greece is better than a dreary lifetime here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (184)
61.13%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
3.99%
No- I want it (83)
27.57%
No- I don't want it (22)
7.31%

Watched Threads