Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm actively considering emigrating for a couple of years. Mostly likely somewhere on the continent, but others are in consideration. I suppose I should say why. I don't like the way this country is heading. People are intolerant, the weather is horrendous, it's constant stress.

Since my parents moved abroad, even though they have jobs with arguably much more responsibility, they are so chilled. I'd only move to London, but it's so expensive. Why should I have to rent a room for what could get me a studio or flat in virtually any other European capital or major city?

I'm torn basically. Love this country to death, I know I'll return, but maybe it's time I took a break.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.a.u)
    I'm actively considering emigrating for a couple of years. Mostly likely somewhere on the continent, but others are in consideration. I suppose I should say why. I don't like the way this country is heading. People are intolerant, the weather is horrendous, it's constant stress.

Since my parents moved abroad, even though they have jobs with arguably much more responsibility, they are so chilled. I'd only move to London, but it's so expensive. Why should I have to rent a room for what could get me a studio or flat in virtually any other European capital or major city?

I'm torn basically. Love this country to death, I know I'll return, but maybe it's time I took a break.

Anyone else in a similar situation?
    By all means, move abroad. I lived in Japan for 16 months and loved it. Living in another country can be a great experience. However, all I'll say is that every country has its own problems. Don't move abroad and think your life is going to be rosy. Nothing is plain sailing and the higher your expectations of your life abroad will be, the more likely you'll be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    I would love to move to Germany. I'm under no illusions about the difficuties; indeed my quality of life might even be lowered in the process, there is however something about the land of the poet and thinkers that has always struck a chord on my imagination.

ReputationRep:
    Just go to the Med and take loads of drugs/drink/possibly whores if you're that way inclined. Two pissed up weeks in Greece is better than a dreary lifetime here.

ReputationRep:
    I'll move to Germany as soon as possible, preferably for university first

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.