Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I might have painted over a wall mark with the wrong colour, can I be charged? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Been renting the same student flat for about 18 months, and the likelihood is we will keep it until summer 2016, although there is a small possibility we will move out this summer.

    Anyway I had a few marks on my wall that I obviously had to paint over so that I can't be charged when I move out. On the signed inventory it said that my room was painted with magnolia emulsion, and that there was a pot of this in the storage cupboard. I took a small paintbrush to paint over the marks using the magnolia stuff but it looks a darker colour.

    Could they charge me to repaint the walls or is it their fault if they've noted the wrong colour on the inventory?

    There are lots of different types of magnolia - it depends on the manufacturer and even the batch.

    You can't be charged for fair wear and tear (which would include reasonable scuffing in high traffic areas), but painting with the wrong shade is a bit harder to argue...

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you like carrot cake?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.