Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So one of my favourite artists is doing a gig where i'm studying... in two days (tickets haven't sold out though)! The sad thing is, he's one of the more obscure artists i like, so I doubt anyone I know would be willing to go. Plus, the artist hasn't done a gig in the uk for 3 years...! So it's very much now or never :c

In fairness, he's not my all time favourite, and I mightn't die of regret if I gave it a miss - but he's someone I listen to alot and am definitely willing to pay to go see! Plus, life's short

I've never been to a concert, so I have no idea what it's like or what to expect :I Is it just as fun to go on your own (Socially acceptable, even?)?

Really appreciate any tips/advice! ^^
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Do it. Nobody will notice. You won't be able to talk to a friend during the gig anyway, so the only thing you're missing out on is a companion to travel there and back with.

ReputationRep:
    I've done it a few times because I'm into different music to most of my friends and have really enjoyed it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I went to Metallica and Alice Cooper on my own, still enjoyed it.

ReputationRep:
    I went to a concert relatively recently, and there is a sense of togetherness in the crowd any way (at least where i was sat), and that diminishes any issues of being alone. Honestly, when you're there, it won't bother you in the slightest, and nobody will notice either.

ReputationRep:
    I've been to gigs on my own and with people multiple times before. Go on your own, there'll be plenty of other people there on their own as well - and I've found that people are much nicer to you in the queues and that if they know you're alone. I've had a great time when I've gone by myself - another pro is that you don't have to constantly worry about the wellbeing of someone else/what they want to be doing. You won't regret going alone.

ReputationRep:
    I was in the same situation of yours. I finally decided to go on my own. And I would have regreted it if hadn't gone. Anyway people will be too busy when the music plays and noone will ever notice you. You should really go.

ReputationRep:
    i go to gigs on foreign countries alone, lel. If you even have to consider this being an issue you clearly don't like the artist enough.

ReputationRep:
    I've been on my own and it's been fine and I know people that regularly go to gigs/events on their own!
    I ended up talking to people at the gig I went to anyway, I don't think it's that weird going on your own

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.