Turn on thread page Beta

Help for a women with BMI 20 who still looks fat watch

Announcements
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    10
    ReputationRep:
    Hi have a BMI of 20 which puts me in the 'normal'/'average' range. I am a size 8 in clothing. I do about 2.5 hours walking a week walking to uni I usually get the bus home so I could double this but I'm always so cold and tired when I get out of lectures My diet is not perfect but I don't overeat.

    And yet I still have a roll of belly fat, thick thighs and cellulite and it's revolting. I'm approaching my highest weight (which was BMI 21.2) and my body looks so unsexy I don't have the confidence to date with all this junk on my body I could never let a man see this even in clothes it's depressing. Even when I sit down I feel so unhealthy because my belly bunches up like crazy, I'm really debating how my weight can be healthy when I look so fat and untoned! It might be worth mentioning that I am very petite in height with a small frame which I think is what makes my body so unforgiving there's not much room for the fat to go.

    I would like to start getting into running. Can anyone offer me any advice for beginners?
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazjaz)
    Hi have a BMI of 20 which puts me in the 'normal'/'average' range. I am a size 8 in clothing. I do about 2.5 hours walking a week walking to uni I usually get the bus home so I could double this but I'm always so cold and tired when I get out of lectures My diet is not perfect but I don't overeat.

    And yet I still have a roll of belly fat, thick thighs and cellulite and it's revolting. I'm approaching my highest weight (which was BMI 21.2) and my body looks so unsexy I don't have the confidence to date with all this junk on my body I could never let a man see this even in clothes it's depressing. Even when I sit down I feel so unhealthy because my belly bunches up like crazy, I'm really debating how my weight can be healthy when I look so fat and untoned! It might be worth mentioning that I am very petite in height with a small frame which I think is what makes my body so unforgiving there's not much room for the fat to go.

    I would like to start getting into running. Can anyone offer me any advice for beginners?
    I'm not much of a runner but I to have the same problem. I'm a size 8 and 5'1 but am not toned at all. I'm starting think I should accept it as a blessing, as I'm on the slim side with no effort. As for running I would recommend joining a running club, they can be very motivating as you run with other people and you want to keep up, plus they are at set times which would help you stick to running. Plus the people there could give you lots of tips!


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    To be honest I don't mind if a girl has fat on her body, as long as it's not over the top and obese, it's not bad, actually it's pretty nice

    If you're serious about loosing weight look at: http://www.thebodycoach.co.uk/ He's excellent he offers full meal plans and exercises for you to do and doesn't take up much time.
    Feel free to mention me (He would probably know me if you tell him @RAFandrew on twitter )

    Yeah Diet is 70% the other 30% is Exercise, good luck
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    Have you read the FAQ? It's sticky-ed and aimed at giving folk the right info to get started.


    If you are a healthy weight then you aren't fat, it's really not possible. I think your diet of fat is probably warped, it's ridiculously common amongst young men and women. You probably need to work on that. That's not to say you shouldn't exercise more if you want and improve your diet. But don't go aiming to loose weight or anything like that because it'd be unhealthy. Maybe you want to gain muscle? Maybe you want to set a goal in terms of improving your running? Something along those lines would be much mentally and physically healthy.
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    If you want to get toned the way to do that is by weight training.

    Or if you are skint and can't afford the gym just body weight exercises should help a bit.
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    Couch 2 5k is a fantastic beginners running programme. free on iTunes


    Posted from TSR Mobile
 
 
 
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.