Turn on thread page Beta

Never played Skyrim.... am I really missing out? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've never played it; I've heard it's good however never played it.

Just so you guys know I still play games like Age of mythology and Rome total war so I'm fairly "old school" (probaly sound smug saying that)

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Fallout: New Vegas is better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicholas Nelson)

Just so you guys know I still play games like Age of mythology and Rome total war so I'm fairly "old school" (probaly sound smug saying that)

thanks
    The RPG genre of video games predates the RTS genre (the games you're describing), so it's even more "old school" I guess.

But yeah, it's a great game if fantasy role playing games at all interest you. It sells for just a couple of quid in every Steam Sale and can probably be found really cheap from somewhere year-round, so for less than a tenner it's well worth it.

(Original post by somemightsay888)
    Fallout: New Vegas is better.
    I'm in the opposite camp, I really cannot get into the Fallout series no matter how hard I try!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I'm in the opposite camp, I really cannot get into the Fallout series no matter how hard I try!
    I can't get into Skyrim either :laugh: Bought it in the Steam sale and within a few hours it overwhelmed me with the massive scale of it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    I can't get into Skyrim either :laugh: Bought it in the Steam sale and within a few hours it overwhelmed me with the massive scale of it all
    That's the joy of it, even with the base game and no mods/expansions there's so much to do! I've poured hundred of hours into saves in the past and not even touched the main storyline :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    That's the joy of it, even with the base game and no mods/expansions there's so much to do! I've poured hundred of hours into saves in the past and not even touched the main storyline :ahee:
    Same with Fallout :awesome: The main story is excellent, but the hunting and the vault exploration is brilliant too and there are hundreds upon hundreds of story mods to go through. Some are even voiced :ahee: Give Fallout another go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicholas Nelson)

thanks
    If you're looking for a good RPG experience, I really wouldn't recommend skyrim. It's been casualized to the point where it's more of an action game rather than a proper RPG. It's ok when I load it up with mods, but Vanilla skyrim is garbage. If you don't mind the aged graphics I would recommend Morrowind, the almost universally agreed best game in the series, but TW2, DA:O, and Dark Souls are all good RPG games.

ReputationRep:
    Skyrim is boss. I need to give Fallout another ago, I struggled with 3 during my first playthrough (kept dying really early on and eventually ragequit).

ReputationRep:
    Not really sure what Age of Mythology or Rome Total War have to do with Skyrim since they're RTS and completely different types of games...

It's a decent game, not incredible and got boring for me because of the two dimensional characters and samey quests and identical monotonous dungeons. Exploring the world and combat is pretty fun though. As mentioned if you can get it on a Steam sale for like £3 as is fairly regular then it's definitely a worthwhile buy.

If you want to play an old school awesome RPG then get KOTOR on humble bundle like I mentioned in the thread I posted today

ReputationRep:
    Not really. It's an interesting game but soon enough you get tired of "you're the special one, now go and fetch me xx" quest lines. As poster above says - use the HB and get Kotor games whilst you can. They're amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr.gud)
    Not really. It's an interesting game but soon enough you get tired of "you're the special one, now go and fetch me xx" quest lines. As poster above says - use the HB and get Kotor games whilst you can. They're amazing.
    It's OK if you load it up with mods, but I do agree that vanilla skyrim is terrible.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion it is the best game ever so yeah I would say you are missing out

Its a game that I have found you are never stuck for something to do. I played it for 3 months straight almost daily and never got bored which shocked me. I have all the extra dlcs too. Dawnguard was probably my favourite out of those. Still have the dragonborn questline to finish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.