Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm from the UK. I'm currently studying Interactive multimedia design (final year), which is a website design based code. I'm looking to lean towards a more graphic design route as it was what we done in our first year and i loved it. when i graduate in the summer I would like to gain more experience in a graphic design company or do some similar work for any company. I'd love to go to america for some experience but have no idea how to go about it. Anyone have useful tips or websites i could look up? i'd really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    I would look into getting an internship, either while you are still in uni (maybe during the summer) or just after graduating. After graduation try to find work with an international company that has offices in the UK and the US.

I would also subscribe to magazines related to the work you want to do. Take note of American graphic design firms that you are interested in and contact them. Also follow them on social media. I've seen many companies announce job openings on twitter.

Good luck.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.