Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...x-wife-5059958

Side-stepping the tabloid nature for a moment.

A man's world....not in family/divorce courts. On one hand I agree with the judge, after a divorce I'm never in favour of one party living off the earned money of the other. On the other.....how often are women treated like that man was?

Before the vultures start circling, I'm no woman-hater and neither am I suggesting "men are the new 'women'!!", however there is a clear perceived imbalance in the treatment of men and women in family/divorce courts - I doubt there's a media conspiracy to play-down examples of where the above sort of thing happens (if so Nightingale v Turner slipped through the net...).

ReputationRep:
    All im gonna say is look at the pictures the mirror decided to show of the two and its quite obvious who there trying to portray as the "bad guy" in this instance. Could be wrong but just saying.

ReputationRep:
    This is a taste of the next twenty years. Equality in the workplace was achieved around 1990. The first women from then, born about 1970, are now at the peak of their careers and assuming they left it all as late as possible it's about 7 years since they had kids.

Let us now have equality before the law in the family courts.

ReputationRep:
    It's a mann's world

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.