Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I am brand new in here I have received an offer from Durham yesterday for the criminology program, but I also have an offer from Royal Holloway for Criminology and Psychology. I know I can't even compare Durham with RH based on their prestige;however I guess the program taught in Rh is more specific. Could you please help me to learn about criminology taught in Durham? Thank you for all

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I got offers for both of these courses too! Although I'm thinking of firming Manchester for Sociology & Criminology, I feel bad for passing up Criminology & Psychology at RHUL - the combination seems perfect. Then there's Durham too, which is an amazing university but I can't help but feel the course is a bit too general for my liking. Basically I'm having the same problem as you at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh🙈🙈🙈 It made me really happy that I am not alone☺ durham has the greatest ranking, but it is too general like you said. The program in rhul is the thing I actually want, but it is 33 rd university in the complete university guide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by birsu01)
    Ohhh It made me really happy that I am not alone☺ durham has the greatest ranking, but it is too general like you said. The program in rhul is the thing I actually want, but it is 33 rd university in the complete university guide.
    Have you considered any other pros or cons of these 2? From what I've heard Criminology at Durham is relatively new and I'm guessing more theoretical. RHUL is ranked a lot lower than Durham, yeah, but paying £9k a year for a degree you don't want that much would be silly and you seem to really want Criminology & Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    Actuallay according to my researches they are both 14.000 pound for international students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by birsu01)
    Actuallay according to my researches they are both 14.000 pound for international students
    Oh, sorry, didn't know you were an international student. Where are you from if you don't mind?

ReputationRep:
    From Turkey☺

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.