The Student Room Group

English Lang / Lit Open Oxford Distance Learning A-Levels

Has anyone had any experience of studying with any online A Level providers any advice would be much appreciated.
I do an A Level with Open Study College, though not English. I think the way it works is pretty much the same with any provider. So they send you some course materials (you might want to get another textbook on top of that) and give you contact info for a tutor, who you can contact for queries and for marking of assignments. You'll probably have to arrange to sit the exams at a school/college yourself.

If it's a subject you think you may struggle with a little then it might be worth doing it with an online provider as you have the tutor there if you need them. If you think you'll be able to do it with little help, however, then it probably won't be worth your money. I don't know exactly how much Oxford charge, but if I remember correctly it was more than I am paying for OSC. A lot of money, basically. It depends whether you think buying your own books and using online resoures, plus hiring a private tutor if/as and when you need one would work out better for you. That would be a cheaper alternative.

Edit: I meant to say, the feedback/answers my tutor gives me are often helpful but she takes a long time to get back to me sometimes. Don't know if that's useful to know or not.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest