Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feminism has done more harm than good. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am girl and i have not really researched on this whole concept of feminism but the ones i encounter on the internet make me want to really puke. Some of their views are pretty extreme. With what i see, i really feel so sorry for men. We are the ones oppressing them.

What the hell have they done to receive some of the treatment they get from feminists. If they decide to have meninists(which they already have) some females are going to be really pissed off. I think what people like Emma Watson describe feminism as, is equal pay, maternity leaves, not firing women because they get pregnant,e.t.c which makes sense. But saying the cat calling is barbaric and so male and 'oh i can open this door by myself thank you very much' is pathetic.What do you guys think

ReputationRep:
    I would not like to be a boy in this day and age. Unfortunate thing is that, I don't like being a girl either

ReputationRep:
    And I am just blabbing now.

ReputationRep:
    I am also happy that Justin Bieber is trying to clean up his act

ReputationRep:
    Somebody to love.
    Can anybody find meeeeeeeee, somebody tooooo loooove!
    Somebody, somebody, somebody to loooove
    Gimme somebody, somebody to loooooooove!

ReputationRep:
    a) Post in Society

b) Third wave feminism in the West in the 21st century has done more harm than good. Feminism is itself is a wonderful social revolution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    I am also happy that Justin Bieber is trying to clean up his act
    Gotta love JB
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea who the guy in my avatar is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    a) Post in Society

b) Third wave feminism in the West in the 21st century has done more harm than good. Feminism is itself is a wonderful social revolution
    How do I move it to society

ReputationRep:
    Lalalala lalalla lalalala
    Wakawaku wakawaku Wakaka wakaka
    Ice age

ReputationRep:
    I am girl and i have not really researched on this whole concept of feminism but the ones i encounter on the internet make me want to really puke. Some of their views are pretty extreme. With what i see, i really feel so sorry for men. We are the ones oppressing them.

What the hell have they done to receive some of the treatment they get from feminists. If they decide to have meninists(which they already have) some females are going to be really pissed off. I think what people like Emma Watson describe feminism as, is equal pay, maternity leaves, not firing women because they get pregnant,e.t.c which makes sense. But saying the cat calling is barbaric and so male and 'oh i can open this door by myself thank you very much' is pathetic.What do you guys think

1) There's a complete difference between misandry and feminism. The radicalism you're describing is misandry.

2) Most feminist movements advocate the equal rights for all genders, not just their own. Although you do get the ridiculous trans-exclusionaries but that's a rant for another day.

3) Meninism is not a valid thing.

4) Cat calling is barbaric. It sexualizes and objectifies women and this is one of the primary arguments in feminism.

5) Poor attempt at trolling. And if not, please do your research. Feminists are not the hairy, man-hating lesbians we're misconceived to be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laylarose)
    1) There's a complete difference between misandry and feminism. The radicalism you're describing is misandry.

2) Most feminist movements advocate the equal rights for all genders, not just their own. Although you do get the ridiculous trans-exclusionaries but that's a rant for another day.

3) Meninism is not a valid thing.

4) Cat calling is barbaric. It sexualizes and objectifies women and this is one of the primary arguments in feminism.

5) Poor attempt at trolling. And if not, please do your research. Feminists are not the hairy, man-hating lesbians we're misconceived to be!
    I don't see how catcalling is barbaric. I have seen women whistle and hoot and stare when a hot guy walks by. Isn't that going against what they preach. As a good find of mine said, the third wave feminism in the west HAS done more harm than good. Whatever research you want me to do about the true meaning of feminism, was dumped a long time a ago.
    If feminism is a valid thing, then TRUST me, Meninism should also be valid.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how catcalling is barbaric. I have seen women whistle and hoot and stare when a hot guy walks by. Isn't that going against what they preach. As a good find of mine said, the third wave feminism in the west HAS done more harm than good. Whatever research you want me to do about the true meaning of feminism, was dumped a long time a ago.
    If feminism is a valid thing, then TRUST me, Meninism should also be valid.

This is very true, but not all women are feminists though, so they're not exactly going against what they preach if they don't preach it, are they? I personally find cat calling very crude and would never cat call a guy, gal or anyone in between.

How do you know that the true meaning of feminism was dumped a long time ago if you haven't done any research? But I do (sort of) agree with the fact that Western feminism can do more harm than good, as many Western feminists are misandrists who do not appreciate the true meaning of feminism. I myself am an inter-sectional feminist who believes that feminism is a less needed advocation in Western society, but is needed more so on a international scale. This is because there are varying degrees of female oppression due to other factors (e.g. racism, cultural oppression, homophobia)

Meninism is a bit silly. The basic message of general feminism is for equal rights for all genders, as I have said. There is no need for a meninist movement - men can identify as feminists just as much as women can.

ReputationRep:
    This is very true, but not all women are feminists though, so they're not exactly going against what they preach if they don't preach it, are they? I personally find cat calling very crude and would never cat call a guy, gal or anyone in between.

How do you know that the true meaning of feminism was dumped a long time ago if you haven't done any research? But I do (sort of) agree with the fact that Western feminism can do more harm than good, as many Western feminists are misandrists who do not appreciate the true meaning of feminism. I myself am an inter-sectional feminist who believes that feminism is a less needed advocation in Western society, but is needed more so on a international scale. This is because there are varying degrees of female oppression due to other factors (e.g. racism, cultural oppression, homophobia)

Meninism is a bit silly. The basic message of general feminism is for equal rights for all genders, as I have said. There is no need for a meninist movement - men can identify as feminists just as much as women can.
    This post is a lot nicer than your first post

ReputationRep:
    This post is a lot nicer than your first post
    I wasn't mean in my first post :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't mean in my first post :emo:
    Poor attempt at trolling, remember that. I don't like that sort of thing. Which is the problem I have with most Tsrians. Dismiss your views because they don't agree with it. Don't even bother to argue constructively. Like one girl on a thread I made "Men want virgins to marry. Let me explain'' There was this girl who was so rude and called me a baby, a child still in primary school cause of my belief. Eva long...something. Not saying you are like that but some peoples replies to things I have posted have made me very sensitive on TSR

ReputationRep:
    Feminism is bull**** and always will be. Some of the things they do and most importantly, don't do, means I will never support it.

ReputationRep:
    Poor attempt at trolling, remember that. I don't like that sort of thing. Which is the problem I have with most Tsrians. Dismiss your views because they don't agree with it. Don't even bother to argue constructively. Like one girl on a thread I made "Men want virgins to marry. Let me explain'' There was this girl who was so rude and called me a baby, a child still in primary school cause of my belief. Eva long...something. Not saying you are like that but some peoples replies to things I have posted have made me very sensitive on TSR
    I'm really sorry if I offended you, but you offended me by making this thread. Your argument was a bit uneducated (you admitted yourself that you hadn't done much research). Either way, I hope you appreciate my views.

Pretty much this. Up top :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahbuba1997)
    Pretty much this. Up top :five:
    Down low Too slow

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.