Private accommodation vs Uni accommodation?

Watch
sheridanamber
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all,
I've been looking at accommodation for Leeds Beckett for a while now (even though I haven't got an offer yet haha) and now I'm questioning whether to go into private accommodation or not. I looked at iQ and it looks like I could pay about £100 a week for a double bed and ensuite, or I could go with the uni and stay in Woodhouse Flats with a single bed and shared bathroom for £102 a week. It seems like a no-brainer - iQ is cheaper and you get more for it, but will I miss out on anything by not being in LB accommodation? Also, am I likely to be put in a flat with other LB students? I'm pretty sure you can live at iQ if you're going to any Leeds uni or college, but obviously I'd like to be with other LB students for Freshers and stuff like that.

Sorry for the essay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
stupidkiddd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If I was you, I'd choose IQ, I don't know what it is personally like, but all the accomodation on the leeds beckett website are overpriced and you're getting ripped off! Woodhouse isnt a great accomodation. If I could go back to first year I would've chose private, I hate my accomodation (Carlton hill), I'm just getting ripped off for a basic accomodation. You will be put with Leeds Beckett students and I know a lot of LB students stay in that accomodation, so don't worry about meeting people freshers week!
sheridanamber
Rep:
?
(Original post by stupidkiddd)
If I was you, I'd choose IQ, I don't know what it is personally like, but all the accomodation on the leeds beckett website are overpriced and you're getting ripped off! Woodhouse isnt a great accomodation. If I could go back to first year I would've chose private, I hate my accomodation (Carlton hill), I'm just getting ripped off for a basic accomodation. You will be put with Leeds Beckett students and I know a lot of LB students stay in that accomodation, so don't worry about meeting people freshers week!
I think you're right, especially since I've just looked at the LB accommodation website again and Woodhouse has been hiked up to £105 a week! IQ definitely seems like the way to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
freya.louise
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by stupidkiddd)
Do you know anything about the arrangements at Liberty Park or Sky Plaza ?
Lonaalicefox
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sheridanamber)
Hi all,
I've been looking at accommodation for Leeds Beckett for a while now (even though I haven't got an offer yet haha) and now I'm questioning whether to go into private accommodation or not. I looked at iQ and it looks like I could pay about £100 a week for a double bed and ensuite, or I could go with the uni and stay in Woodhouse Flats with a single bed and shared bathroom for £102 a week. It seems like a no-brainer - iQ is cheaper and you get more for it, but will I miss out on anything by not being in LB accommodation? Also, am I likely to be put in a flat with other LB students? I'm pretty sure you can live at iQ if you're going to any Leeds uni or college, but obviously I'd like to be with other LB students for Freshers and stuff like that.

Sorry for the essay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm also looking at accommodation for Leeds Beckett, what have you found out accommodation? I'm struggling to which one to pick!
Collegiate Accommodation
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi All

If you're looking for private accommodation have a look at Pennine House and Algernon Firth! We're similar to IQ but offer more in our rooms, ideal for all kinds of students and degrees! Take a look
http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud.../pennine-house
http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud...algernon-firth

Kind regards
Callum Brady
sheridanamber
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lonaalicefox)
I'm also looking at accommodation for Leeds Beckett, what have you found out accommodation? I'm struggling to which one to pick!
I've went for Royal Park Flats in the end, basically because it's the cheapest and not too far from the uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads