Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I've been looking at accommodation for Leeds Beckett for a while now (even though I haven't got an offer yet haha) and now I'm questioning whether to go into private accommodation or not. I looked at iQ and it looks like I could pay about £100 a week for a double bed and ensuite, or I could go with the uni and stay in Woodhouse Flats with a single bed and shared bathroom for £102 a week. It seems like a no-brainer - iQ is cheaper and you get more for it, but will I miss out on anything by not being in LB accommodation? Also, am I likely to be put in a flat with other LB students? I'm pretty sure you can live at iQ if you're going to any Leeds uni or college, but obviously I'd like to be with other LB students for Freshers and stuff like that.

Sorry for the essay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If I was you, I'd choose IQ, I don't know what it is personally like, but all the accomodation on the leeds beckett website are overpriced and you're getting ripped off! Woodhouse isnt a great accomodation. If I could go back to first year I would've chose private, I hate my accomodation (Carlton hill), I'm just getting ripped off for a basic accomodation. You will be put with Leeds Beckett students and I know a lot of LB students stay in that accomodation, so don't worry about meeting people freshers week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stupidkiddd)
    If I was you, I'd choose IQ, I don't know what it is personally like, but all the accomodation on the leeds beckett website are overpriced and you're getting ripped off! Woodhouse isnt a great accomodation. If I could go back to first year I would've chose private, I hate my accomodation (Carlton hill), I'm just getting ripped off for a basic accomodation. You will be put with Leeds Beckett students and I know a lot of LB students stay in that accomodation, so don't worry about meeting people freshers week!
    I think you're right, especially since I've just looked at the LB accommodation website again and Woodhouse has been hiked up to £105 a week! IQ definitely seems like the way to go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stupidkiddd)
    Do you know anything about the arrangements at Liberty Park or Sky Plaza ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheridanamber)
    Hi all,
    I've been looking at accommodation for Leeds Beckett for a while now (even though I haven't got an offer yet haha) and now I'm questioning whether to go into private accommodation or not. I looked at iQ and it looks like I could pay about £100 a week for a double bed and ensuite, or I could go with the uni and stay in Woodhouse Flats with a single bed and shared bathroom for £102 a week. It seems like a no-brainer - iQ is cheaper and you get more for it, but will I miss out on anything by not being in LB accommodation? Also, am I likely to be put in a flat with other LB students? I'm pretty sure you can live at iQ if you're going to any Leeds uni or college, but obviously I'd like to be with other LB students for Freshers and stuff like that.

Sorry for the essay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm also looking at accommodation for Leeds Beckett, what have you found out accommodation? I'm struggling to which one to pick!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi All

If you're looking for private accommodation have a look at Pennine House and Algernon Firth! We're similar to IQ but offer more in our rooms, ideal for all kinds of students and degrees! Take a look
    http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud.../pennine-house
    http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud...algernon-firth

Kind regards
    Callum Brady

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lonaalicefox)
    I'm also looking at accommodation for Leeds Beckett, what have you found out accommodation? I'm struggling to which one to pick!
    I've went for Royal Park Flats in the end, basically because it's the cheapest and not too far from the uni

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.