Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ugly Girls = Worst Personalities? (sometimes) Watch

ReputationRep:
    agree?

people always say that ugly girls/those with short hair (though i like short hair)/fat ones/those who are "nerdy" or "geeky" or dress badly are angels or at least more friendly or more down to earth, but ive asked out loads of girls recently for valentines recently and thats not true at all

many ugly "nerdy"/"geeky" video game playing size 20something chicks I have met lack social skills, are sarcastic and just generally a pain despite the stereotype. maybe theyre that way because they were bullied in school, but my workplace has girls like that in the IT department ad they are just awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imlisa1996)
    sorry quoting you in here as i moved thread

i dont judge people based on "unattractive girl she must be a ***** lol," what i mean though is that guys are often going wrong when they think a pretty girl is automatically stuck up and less so if she is less "pretty"

ive asked out a fair few girls over the past week for valentines day (got a date but thats another story). in my experience the pretty girls are actually less arrogant. a lot of the "nerdy" girls were down right rude

ReputationRep:
    yeah tbh i disagree with the general view that less attractive people have the best personalities. ive met ALOT of unattractive (not ugly) people with the most horrible personalities ever. you can be attractive and have an amazing personality. they are not mutually exclusive. Its usually the very hot men who are alittle arrogant but most good looking girls are nicer compared to their male counterparts

ReputationRep:
    The title of this thread is a truism.

If you meant to say do unattractive people tend to have worse personalities? I have no idea. I don't talk to unattractive people. Mwahaha.

Ye- no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    yeah tbh i disagree with the general view that less attractive people have the best personalities. ive met ALOT of unattractive (not ugly) people with the most horrible personalities ever. you can be attractive and have an amazing personality. they are not mutually exclusive. Its usually the very hot men who are alittle arrogant but most good looking girls are nicer compared to their male counterparts
    agreed. i actually knew a male model like guy who was quite nice (no homo)

i dunno why pretty girls are automatically assumed to be stuck up. in my experience it was the opposite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    The title of this thread is a truism.

If you meant to say do unattractive people tend to have worse personalities? I have no idea. I don't talk to unattractive people. Mwahaha.
    ugly = unattractive tho?

not a blanket statement obvs but defo true a lot :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Ye- no.
    not all the time but id say its true a lot

not pc to say, but being socially ostracised in school makes for some horrendous bitter adults sometimes
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by HarryDn)
    sorry quoting you in here as i moved thread

i dont judge people based on "unattractive girl she must be a ***** lol," what i mean though is that guys are often going wrong when they think a pretty girl is automatically stuck up and less so if she is less "pretty"

ive asked out a fair few girls over the past week for valentines day (got a date but thats another story). in my experience the pretty girls are actually less arrogant. a lot of the "nerdy" girls were down right rude
    Are you buying the lipstick (previous thread) for a girl you've just met?

I think maybe you should choose a less personal gift perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarleyZ)
    Are you buying the lipstick (previous thread) for a girl you've just met?

I think maybe you should choose a less personal gift perhaps?
    No, Ive known her a while actually. Asked out a few girls though

Thats the thing, I didnt think I had a chance w/her because she's really pretty and such girls are stereotyped as "stuck up"?

ReputationRep:
    agree?

people always say that ugly girls/those with short hair (though i like short hair)/fat ones/those who are "nerdy" or "geeky" or dress badly are angels or at least more friendly or more down to earth, but ive asked out loads of girls recently for valentines recently and thats not true at all

many ugly "nerdy"/"geeky" video game playing size 20something chicks I have met lack social skills, are sarcastic and just generally a pain despite the stereotype. maybe theyre that way because they were bullied in school, but my workplace has girls like that in the IT department ad they are just awful.
    Don't see how being nerdy/geeky or playing video game was necessary to add to that list. They are not negative traits.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    No, Ive known her a while actually. Asked out a few girls though

Thats the thing, I didnt think I had a chance w/her because she's really pretty and such girls are stereotyped as "stuck up"?
    ah i see!
    oh the stereotype, i really wish stereotyping wasn't a 'thing' anymore lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophisticatedSir)
    Don't see how being nerdy/geeky or playing video game was necessary to add to that list. They are not negative traits.
    i agree, i prefer nerdy girls

however society often says "conventionally ugly" = "nerdy" = "nice" and the opposite

ReputationRep:
    People have different personalities.

It doesn't seem right to generalise a certain group of people and think that this means they will act nice/mean to you.

ReputationRep:
    i agree, i prefer nerdy girls

however society often says "conventionally ugly" = "nerdy" = "nice" and the opposite
    Society says a lot of things. If we all did what society told us, we would be talking about football and call of duty 7 days a week.

ReputationRep:
    People are so individual that you can't classify them immediately either negatively or positively. It wouldn't be fair to say that all conventionally/stereotypically attractive people are arrogant or stuck up, just like it's not fair to say that about those who aren't conventionally attractive.

There are so many variables its impossible to get a definite answer because there will always be exceptions. There will be unattractive people who are horrible, there will be unattractive people who are lovely. The same is true for the attractive people, for every friendly non-arrogant one, there are bound to be a shrewish, nasty one. It's a fact of life.

ReputationRep:
    agree?

Hmm. Idk I thought the theory was that ugly girls are overcompensating for their ugliness with "killer" personalities.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I quoted killer because I never say that but I still thought to use it here based on what I hear people say.
    But to be honest it's silly to say either or. I know gorg chicks with fugly personalities. I know gorg chicks who are awesome. I know fugly chicks with...sigh. You know the rest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm simply of the opinion that one's attractiveness doesn't have to correlate in any way to one's personality. Like most people, I've met "unattractive" people who are downright pr***s and others who are wonderful people, while at the same time having met "beautiful" people that I much prefer to avoid and others who I love talking to and spending time with.

ReputationRep:
    Most girls that have terrible personalities are attractive, from personal experience.

ReputationRep:
    agree?

Did they accept your offer for a date?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.