The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds vs. Birmingham? [Computer Systems Engineering]

I've got unconditional offers from both universities. In Leeds it's this new degree Electronics and Computer Engineering and in Birmingham it's Computer Systems Engineering. Both are degrees that combine EEE with Computer Science. I can't make my mind up where I want to go. So, if you were me, what would you do? Just don't justify your advice with university rankings because we all know that's bull*****. I'm interested in level of teaching, feedback, internships (really important!), city life, student union with all its clubs and societies, accommodation, international students and diversity, anything that comes to your mind! I mean, info I can't simply find online, you know... Even if it's about this great place where you get half a pint for free during happy hour, right next to uni, that you think is really great, bla bla bla, stuff like that. Or this professor whose lectures really stick into your head because he's witty or whatnot. Any comment would be helpful fellas! Thanks :smile:

*Rankings are typically determined by research and number of citations on the most part, which for an undergrad is not that important. The level of teaching (which I know varies from teacher to teacher, and it's a hit or miss really), contact hours, resources, and stuff like that is what really matters IMO.

Quick Reply

Latest