Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got unconditional offers from both universities. In Leeds it's this new degree Electronics and Computer Engineering and in Birmingham it's Computer Systems Engineering. Both are degrees that combine EEE with Computer Science. I can't make my mind up where I want to go. So, if you were me, what would you do? Just don't justify your advice with university rankings because we all know that's bull*****. I'm interested in level of teaching, feedback, internships (really important!), city life, student union with all its clubs and societies, accommodation, international students and diversity, anything that comes to your mind! I mean, info I can't simply find online, you know... Even if it's about this great place where you get half a pint for free during happy hour, right next to uni, that you think is really great, bla bla bla, stuff like that. Or this professor whose lectures really stick into your head because he's witty or whatnot. Any comment would be helpful fellas! Thanks

*Rankings are typically determined by research and number of citations on the most part, which for an undergrad is not that important. The level of teaching (which I know varies from teacher to teacher, and it's a hit or miss really), contact hours, resources, and stuff like that is what really matters IMO.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.