Turn on thread page Beta

MA Funding - gap year? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

as everyone probably already knows post grad funding at the minute is a pretty expensive option (CDL Loans etc). I have heard about Osborne introducing masters finance In 2016-2017 and I'm just wondering if I can take a year out and come do my masters (and get funding)?

I guess it would sort of act like a gap year?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Most people these days have to take a break between undergrad due to a lack of funding. It's perfectly normal and won't put you at any sort of disadvantage. It would look beter to a prospective Masters uni if you spent that time doing something constructive.

Bear in mind that even the Masters finance will only cover part of your costs (if that plan survives the election, of course). You'll still need extra money to top up your Masters year budget.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Most people these days have to take a break between undergrad due to a lack of funding. It's perfectly normal and won't put you at any sort of disadvantage. It would look beter to a prospective Masters uni if you spent that time doing something constructive.

Bear in mind that even the Masters finance will only cover part of your costs (if that plan survives the election, of course). You'll still need extra money to top up your Masters year budget.

Hey, am doing my Masters at BCU and when I was researching for funding I found out about the Career and Development Loan. If you are interesting for that you should check there have some useful information about different organizations and scholarships. Hope that help

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.