Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Proof : Personality matters more than looks/wallet Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.lollipop.sg/sites/default...atured/s_0.jpg

Former Playboy model marries 82-year-old man

Richard Lugner, 82, wed German TV presenter and former Playboy model Cathy Schmitz, 25, last September after a brief courtship that lasted just seven months.

It is the fifth marriage for the Austrian billionaire and he admits the path to marital bliss has already been rocky.

He told This Morning: 'We have to learn to be married.'

The successful businessman had previously sworn off marriage forever after his fourth divorce, but admits that Cathy managed to change his mind after they started dating last February.

The couple were engaged in August and married a month later.

He said: 'I had been married four times, and when I met Cathy I had been divorced for seven years. I didn't want to get married ever again.'

Despite his misgivings, Cathy managed to change his mind, but Richard admits that he is still very fearful that his new wife is more interested in his bank balance than his personality.

He said: 'I am always worried. 'Ladies are very dangerous - to be married is dangerous.

'(But) I like to fight with the young ladies. It's better for me.'

Cathy, who was trying to make her name as TV presenter in Germany before she crossed paths with the billionaire, admits that she loves the luxury lifestyle that comes with being Richard's wife, but that it isn't the reason she married him.

She said: 'When we met I thought he was a nice guy. I knew he was rich, I am from Germany - he is very famous person.'

'Of course it's nice to life a luxury life. But it's not very important to me.

'Before I met him I was pushing my own career on the television.

'But I had to make a decision between love and my career.'

'(And) I am not the first woman that is much younger than him - none of his wives were as old as him.'

While many would struggle to understand what an octogenarian and a woman in her twenties could have in common, Cathy maintains that it is a match made in heaven.

She said:

'I have a good teacher as he has been married four times before.

'I dated a lot of young boys – they are only looking out for themselves. They like football and many women.

'I have a lot of fun with him (but also)I have a six-year-old daughter to look after – I need a man.'

http://www.lollipop.sg/content/former-playboy-model-marries-82-year-old-man-it-not-his-money#xtor=CS1-2

ReputationRep:
    I'm missing the point / purpose of this, if indeed there is one..

ReputationRep:
    Golddigger!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    eh? Sounds more like money matters here more than looks...

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, unless she has signed a pre-nup, I don't agree with the idea that this is "proof".

ReputationRep:
    Er, this doesn't prove anything :confused:

She's obviously not going to admit in an interview (which her husband will probably read) that she's with him for his money is she, the chances of a 25 year old playboy model marrying an 82 year old for anything other than money are extremely low. I still think personality trumps looks far more often in relationships than people say it does, but this example doesn't prove that at all, find me an example a 25 year old marrying an 82 year old homeless man, then that might prove something.

Well obviously in THIS case she's with him for the money, he is a fool to think otherwise.

However, he is a billionaire so this is an extraordinary case and the woman clearly valued the money over having someone her own age.

I think more 'normal' people than you think value money less than you give them credit for. A little bit more extra money is nothing compared to having a loving relationship with someone less better off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Well obviously in THIS case she's with him for the money, he is a fool to think otherwise.

However, he is a billionaire so this is an extraordinary case and the woman clearly valued the money over having someone her own age.

I think more 'normal' people than you think value money less than you give them credit for. A little bit more extra money is nothing compared to having a loving relationship with someone less better off.
    I agree :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Sure, personality may edge out looks, but it's about the balance, you need a bit of both. At 82 this dude clearly looks like he's about to drop dead, that surely isn't attractive, his personality isn't making up for that. She a gold digga bro

ReputationRep:
    That is one expensive prostitute.

ReputationRep:
    The number of people unable to detect sarcasm is kind of astounding.

ReputationRep:
    Let's all be honest.. at 82 your probably going to cop it soon anyway.. would anybody say no to that as long as you'd already written the will for your family.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously OP is making a point sarcastically, that money is the most important thing when getting girls

I disagree - No matter how much money you have, if you are leading with your wallet, you are doing it wrong

That man brings money, his care, his ability to give her a life she would never have not just for her, but for her child which is not even his (which is really quite pathetic...) and all she has to bring is her looks and even then she does not have any attraction to him, she probably gets railed by other guys and he knows he can't stop her, so how can you even for a moment think that that man is in an enviable position?

Edit: Heck you even said the guy has had several failed marriages http://static.tsrfiles.co.uk/images/.../facepalm2.gif

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.