Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Already a borrower watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I previously studied ad got a maintenance loan 20 years ago - would i be able to borrow again even if i still owe?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

How many years did you study for previously?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    3 years

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

We wouldn't be able to fund your for a course of the same level if you gained a qualification previously.

If you didn't, we wouldn't be able to fund you for all years of a new course due to previous study, and for the first 2 years of a new course you would get a maintenance loan only.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your response. What I am essentially asking is would I be able to get a maintenance loan now. My course was never funded by yourselves as I qualified then for a grant from the local education authority.i did take a maintenance loan then and still owe some

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

Only if you didn't get the same type of qualification, and even if you didn't, you still couldn't get full funding based on the fact you've previously studied already.

For students who cannot get funding due to previous study you will get a maintenance loan and supplementary grants such as childcare and disabled students allowance only.

For those who have an equivalent qualification it would be supplementary grants only.

This is regardless of outstanding loans.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.