The Student Room Group

linear A level

With this A level being linear starting 2015, can you still take AS external exams for subjects required for Medicine (Chemistry, Biology)? What is the procedure, just apply to take exams from what you studied in Year 12? And then continue in Year 13?

Maybe stupid question, but I am confused: are AS and A levels different curriculum?

Thank you for details.
Reply 1
Original post by the_queen
With this A level being linear starting 2015, can you still take AS external exams for subjects required for Medicine (Chemistry, Biology)? What is the procedure, just apply to take exams from what you studied in Year 12? And then continue in Year 13?

Maybe stupid question, but I am confused: are AS and A levels different curriculum?

Thank you for details.

http://www.osfc.ac.uk/parents/a-level-change-september-2015/
This is for my local sixth form but it's very informative and will be similar to the spec you'll be studying!:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Imsophie
http://www.osfc.ac.uk/parents/a-level-change-september-2015/
This is for my local sixth form but it's very informative and will be similar to the spec you'll be studying!:smile:

Thank you so much!
But I am still confused: those 3 or 4 A level subjects selected in second year mean that you have to study in one year (the second one) the whole syllabus you should study in 2 years? Do you understand what I mean?
Reply 3
Original post by the_queen
Thank you so much!
But I am still confused: those 3 or 4 A level subjects selected in second year mean that you have to study in one year (the second one) the whole syllabus you should study in 2 years? Do you understand what I mean?

I'm not sure either, I think that the as course is half or like a third of the alevel course, and then in your second year you learn the rest of the course. This is just what I'm assuming it would be really hard to learn a full a-level course in one year so I'm just guessing it will be like the linear gcse course, all the exams are at the end of the second year but you learn the syllabus over two years:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending