Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

It's snowing and it looks so pretty watch

ReputationRep:
    Seriously. The fluffy white snow falls so elegantly from the sky, twisted in a beautiful pattern by the wind. It's perfect whiteness blending constrasting magnificently with the black painting of the patio railing out the back, as well as the asphalt atop my shed roof. The green of the trees, snow falling off them periodically, even the cobwebs near the windows are getting covered in fluffy snow. The result all around? Every colour gets a pretty white trim. The colour contrasts from all the white-trimming creates this cacophony of colour in front of my eyes and everytime I look outside when I get tired of doing paper-work I feel overcome by its splendor and it relaxes me.

This is great :daydreaming:

I hope it doesn't stop snowing for a few hours so I can get lots of work done. I've always found snow to be quite regretful though. I like it when it is like this and actively snowing but eventually it is going to melt and become that "slush" and that stuff is u-g-l-y, brown, a horrible texture, even the sound it makes when you walk in it is near vomit-inducing, the "splush" rather than the dynamic crunch of walking in proper snow. Then everywhere gets wet and dark and ugly, god I hate slush, but I love snow. Dilemmas.

It is beautiful.

You trying to make us Londoners jealous? It hasn't snowed here in ages :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I wish it was snowing where I am. I could go home instead of being stuck at work.

ReputationRep:
    Nooooo, it has stopped already

ReputationRep:
    it make me want op no homo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryDn)
    it make me want op no homo
    Want me?

:eek:

Or want snow :cool:

ReputationRep:
    It has been snowing here, but it rained last night and it is around 4c so I very much doubt it will settle at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Want me?

:eek:

Or want snow :cool:
    pepper your angus

no homo

ReputationRep:
    poetic
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    First proper snow of the winter here in Bedfordshire

ReputationRep:
    We've had it settle here. Starting to cloud over again, so we may be in for more.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's stopped and blue skies are coming over now, got a light covering though at least

ReputationRep:
    We've had it snow pretty heavily a few times today, but it hasn't laid. I think it's because the ground is already wet.

ReputationRep:
    We had snow yesterday, but like zero today. It's all slush now

ReputationRep:
    Here up in Lancashire.we're just getting pelleted by little evil rocks from the sky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    Here up in Lancashire.we're just getting pelleted by little evil rocks from the sky.
    It did snow a little pre-hail though. But it didn't stick :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    It's just started snowing here again, it's like a scene out of The Day after Tomorrow, or whatever that terrible movie was called ..I'm just trying to make it interesting ok

ReputationRep:
    It has snowed heavily over my way (south of Manchester). Buses were cancelled and I got to leave work early and walked home via town, fields, bridle way and canal. Was very scenic.

ReputationRep:
    It snowed for the first time in my area today...but only for like ten minutes. Clear skies now.
    I was walking through it and it was quite serene.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.