Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    I went to see my GP a few months ago about my anxiety & depression and he referred me to an emotional wellbeing place, and i've been having Interpersonal therapy with a guy who's been amazing, he's sent a letter to my GP recommending I get put on medication to help a little bit. I do feel a bit better because I'm talking about things instead of bottling them up, but my anxiety is basically ruining my life still.

    I can barely leave my house without overthinking everything, and even if I do leave my house I'm on edge all the time and worried. I can't have a phone call unless I MAKE myself do it without getting a nervous rash all over me and panicking every second, I also have to be in a room away from everyone and everything so nobody can hear me before I'll even consider making a phonecall. Then this makes me depressed because I get frustrated at the fact my anxiety ruins things and it's just a never ending cycle. Also, I haven't even been "diagnosed" with anything because obviously a therapist can't officially diagnose things and my GP just referred me to see him.

    Anyway, back to the point of this thread, I don't know what to do, I don't know whether to keep doing the IPT and see if things get any better or go back to my GP or what, I'm just at the end of my tether now and I don't know what to do. Any help or advice would be useful thanks
    • #2

    See if you could be referred to a psychiatrist? Mine is really nice and has prescribed me some medication called Xanax for anxiety and panic attacks. Do keep going to the IPT though, as you said, you are able to talk about things to him instead of bottling them up.

    (Original post by SweetNothing)
    How do I go about this? I need something cause it's ruining my life majorly.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's great that you're in an "emotional wellbeing place", if you've made any friends there it might be a good idea to practise calling them on the phone
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2015
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.