Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Of Mice and Men - Should George go to prison for shooting Lennie? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For my coursework I have to write about whether I believe George should or should not go to prison for shooting Lennie. I have chosen that he should but I am struggling for ideas to write down. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    he should go to the international court of terrorism for what he did

ReputationRep:
    No because he was going to get shot anyways by the others.
    Also he died a peaceful death by envisioning the American dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realistdeee)
    For my coursework I have to write about whether I believe George should or should not go to prison for shooting Lennie. I have chosen that he should but I am struggling for ideas to write down. Any ideas?
    I don't know about he should but I do know about why he shouldn't mayb eit will help you.
    No, he should not because at 1930s in America disability was seen as a sign of weakness everyone looked down towards people with disability so that's George shouldn't be prisoned for killing Lennie. And in a way George helps Lennie by killing him because if he didn't than someone else might have killed him. Moreover Lennie died peacefully so George really did helped him.

ReputationRep:
    Killing him was the lesser of two evils. If George let him live then he would have suffered when being killed by the others, or he would have continued to struggle through life constantly getting himself endangered .

ReputationRep:
    Good old days.. I personally did not think that George should of went to prison. Lenny was a dysfunctional human being who had no say in any matter, was going to get killed any way and was most likely going to suffer a horrible and cruel death. George put him out of his misery without Lenny having to know and he did the right thing or else he would of had to endured watching his own friend get killed for the rest of his life. As you put that George should have went to prison for it - maybe you can state the reason he should was because he intentionally took another mans life, albeit Lenny was not aware of the fact that he was going to get killed so it was intentional. You can also put that it is against the law at the time and he unlawfully took another persons life regardless of his exceptional circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.