Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    We have a rule in my university that you have to have permission to have a party, I didn't know of this rule and had a party and now I'm getting a disciplinary and fined.

    I looked through my accommodation terms and conditions and can not see any mention of this rule in there.

    Will there be any forms that mention this rule other than the accommodation terms and conditions?
    What happens after a disciplinary?

    seems crazy.. especially with how frequently uni parties can happen - and how they, from my memory, were rarely planned that far in advance..

    Cant comment on what happens now though - as its probably specific to your uni

    See if there's any kind of a code of conduct you signed up for at some point.

    Contact your Student Union. They will know under which uni regulation you're being disciplined and they will be able to explain when/where you signed up to it.
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    As this is a student accommodation issue, I'm moving this from Uni Life to Student Accommodation.

    Also - on topic, Klix88 is right here. You need to check with your SU as they'll be able to explain this better.

How are you feeling about your exams?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.