Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What would you do if you didnt do well enough on your exams to get on the course you wanted?

Would you

a) go through clearing and get on a course you dont really want to do
    b) cry and go get a crappy job
    c) resit your year try harder and get the grades you need
    d) something else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmarsupial)
    What would you do if you didnt do well enough on your exams to get on the course you wanted?

Would you

d) something else
    Step #1 - I'd cry.
    Step #2 - I don't really want to take up my insurance offer and even less go through clearing as I know I'm capable of the right grades if I actually work :rolleyes: So I'd take a year out (which I'm wondering if I should be doing anyway, so it wouldn't be the end of the world) and work/study til January, do my resits in the January session if possible, then try and travel for the rest of the year. Not that I've thought about it or anything, in all those nights where you can't sleep because your lack of revision is preying on your brain...
    I'm just hoping it doesn't happen. I've got a place at a uni I adore against all the odds and a stupidly high applicants/places ratio. I don't want to mess it up

ReputationRep:
    d) something else
    I would join the seminary and become a priest. Cushy job, don't have to do much.

ReputationRep:

Would you

d) something else
    a: probably
    b: never ever ever
    c : no way

ReputationRep:
    I'd cry. Then spend a year as a legal secretary or something and reapply for the next year. If I failed REALLY badly, I'd use the year to re-sit.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that bad if it does happen. I missed the grades for Oxford and seem to be doing ok. I went to Essex through clearing but its still very highly rated for my course and I'm really enjoying it. Good luck for this year everyone - though if you dont get the grades it's not the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    It's not that bad if it does happen. I missed the grades for Oxford and seem to be doing ok. I went to Essex through clearing but its still very highly rated for my course and I'm really enjoying it. Good luck for this year everyone - though if you dont get the grades it's not the end of the world.
    can u gt into good uni's through clearing coz i dont want to go to where i aplied to!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd do another year, finish my double maths A-Levels and get an AS, get a job and apply to all top universities.

ReputationRep:
    probably do non eof the above - take a gap year and do something really interesting and reapply with more on my CV and to an appropraite course

ReputationRep:
    Probably will goto my insurance, I don't think there would be any chance of getting a second offer.

ReputationRep:

Would you

d) something else
    c) though retail assistance as a career may suddenly appear very attractive.

ReputationRep:
    d) get that extra-strength rope out, tie it to something sturdy, wear it as a necklace and go for a plunge.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.