Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How were your first days when you moved in/started your first lesson? What events did you have, how was the whole moving in process? Thanks for sharing

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your course, my first week in ENV was a series of daily fieldtrips. Whereas most courses have introductory lectures.
    There's Freshers Fair on a Monday, Soc mart on a Tuesday and Sports mart on a Wednesday then all the evening events during freshers week.
    We met our academic tutor on the first day and had like a gathering in the afternoon to get to know the rest of people in our advisory group / meet out ENV buddy.
    I found the moving in process quite easy as I was luckily in a flat where we all got to know each other/ go out together with other flats in the block the first few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Slightly late to the party, but I wrote a description of my very first day a little while back. It might be of interest.

After 'Day 1', we had about three days of course induction events. Mostly outlining the degree programme and detailing what to expect from university life, socially and academically. We also had the first opportunity to meet with our academic tutors, and to talk with 2nd and 3rd year students on the same course. The first lectures and seminars began on Thursday but, if memory serves me correctly, they were mostly gradual introductions to the module units (though I did receive a very heavy chunk of reading for one class!).

Outside of the faculty, there were several different fairs that ran on consecutive days. The Societies Fair was really enjoyable ("Hey! Want to join our society and watch indie films from Russia?" "Sure. Why not?"), and the Freshers' Fair is a great opportunity to get free stationary and pizza. My flat tended to stay in for most evenings, and we had some great nights crammed into each others' rooms watching TV and sharing stories from our first week.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.