The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amin97
which university are you applying to?? Some have used outreach education but I'm still waiting for a response.

Im not sure yet, I have an conditional offer from a UK dental school but not sure I will meet the requirements unfortunately. Most likely Hungarian universities as I have relatives who have graduated from there in medicine and some dentistry and are doing well in Europe and US.

I don't know if agencies exist to assist with US applications but as a graduate that would be an option for the next cycle as it is too late for this year.
Reply 41
Original post by emmalooo12
Im not sure yet, I have an conditional offer from a UK dental school but not sure I will meet the requirements unfortunately. Most likely Hungarian universities as I have relatives who have graduated from there in medicine and some dentistry and are doing well in Europe and US.

I don't know if agencies exist to assist with US applications but as a graduate that would be an option for the next cycle as it is too late for this year.

I don't know any for america, i barely know any for europe, mainly 1 or 2. no one on here seems to know much either, I've been through a few threads and its the same information again and again.
Hope it works out for you though :smile:
Original post by amin97
I don't know any for america, i barely know any for europe, mainly 1 or 2. no one on here seems to know much either, I've been through a few threads and its the same information again and again.
Hope it works out for you though :smile:

Thanks, same for you. I know everyone is saying how the agency they used is great.. so which one was it ? lol hmm
Reply 43
Original post by sarz_a
Anyone planning to go to Iasi from the UK?

Original post by kazmi48
I'm thinking about Iasi as one of my options. How are you applying? Pm me if you can.

Hey guys! I'm from Iasi so if you have any questions about the city/life here feel free to ask. Don't know too much about the medical school here (though I could find out easily, most of my friends will be going there) but I'm here to help :biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by emmalooo12
Thanks, same for you. I know everyone is saying how the agency they used is great.. so which one was it ? lol hmm

yeah its true. I'm yet to come across someone who's actually said the name on the thread. They seem to pm the names, but some threads were 2 years ago!
Original post by maria-z
Heyy you could apply like I did through an agency. They arrange everything and make it really simple. I know how stressful it is when applying and also I know there are some agencies really taking advantage of students. I recommend the agency that I went through because they really lived up to what I expected. They got me admission, found me an apartment and also they arrange attachments with UK hospitals on graduation :smile: msg me if you need any help x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I'd like to know what agency you applied through? since there are so many agencies out there, I'm really indecisive on which one is the most trustworthy.
Thank you :smile:
Original post by Muotoh
Hi Maria
I completely agree with you Maria some people believe that they can do everything on their own but unfortunately that is not true. I used also a very good agency that helped me get an acceptance letter from Sofia Medical University besides my not that great grades :rolleyes: and helped me a lot during my enrollment process, accommodation and student loan for the whole six years of my degree. People might think that they can manage on their own, but I agree with you and certainly do not regret it. From your sayings I actually think that we might have used the same agency. :wink::smile:

Hi, could you let me know what agency you went through please?
Thank you :smile:
Original post by danish.malik2
Can You please also tell me the contact details of agent you Used I am also looking for admission in General Med. at Romania?

Hi my name is Abdul I am also interested in doing med in romaina, maybe we can apply together. If interested leave a message or your email in the student room. And I will then send you contact details.
Reply 48
Hi guys! I m currently studying medicine in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Should u need any help I can try and answer questions!
Also wanted to ask one myself!
Does anyone know whether it's worth trying to transfer to a UK med school? Do u know anyone who has done it or is planning to?
I also have done a pre-med year in London but didn't manage to get into medschool after. Mostly cause I obviously didn't know how the system works and the main requirements.
Anyways, should anyone be able to give some advice please do. Will be much appreciated!
Do GCSE grades matter?
Original post by maria-z
Sent you a PM :smile:

Can u send it to me aswell and if u don't mind me asking but what GCSE grades are required? I have a friend doing btec science aswell she's thinking about applying with me
Original post by Abdul123456789
Hi my name is Abdul I am also interested in doing med in romaina, maybe we can apply together. If interested leave a message or your email in the student room. And I will then send you contact details.

Hi new to this. But do you need an agent to apply to Bulgarian and Romanian Universities? Which University would you recomend in Bulgaria to study medicine?
Reply 52
First of all the GCSE's don't play a huge role!! The basic thing they ask for is that you have some English language certificate. IELTS is the most popular. U should have a grade of 7.0 at least. Other than that it's good to provide them with your A-level grades (I'm 90% sure they ask for BBB). But still that's not their priority!
I would recommend the one I m studying at right now, in Sofia! Careful cause there are 2 medical unies here. You should go for Medical University of Sofia and not for St Kliment Ochritski. The latter has an english-speaking department that's 2 years old and hasn't been accredited yet.
Reply 53
Oh and as others said, try and use an agency for your document preparation. It's a tricky process and you want someone that has done it before! I personally used one myself and haven't met anyone that did everything alone. It's a foreign language and unfortunatelly people don't use english that much.
Reply 54
Original post by ZLef94
Oh and as others said, try and use an agency for your document preparation. It's a tricky process and you want someone that has done it before! I personally used one myself and haven't met anyone that did everything alone. It's a foreign language and unfortunatelly people don't use english that much.

Hi

Which agencies did you use to apply to Sofia ? Outreach I hear is only for Pelvin applicants. I've grown to like Sofia uni more for some reason it appeals to me more. I see you study there, how is it like ? Workload etc? In the first year are you struggling understanding people from there? Sorry for all these questions I'm just a bit vary of it all and don't know if I should but an application forward. Thank you.
Hi new to Student room. I am interested to study medicine in either Bulgaria or Romania does anybody have any information about the med school in Craiova in Romania. I also was aproached by an agency called Study Medicine in Craiova. Does anybody know them? Is there anybody there that has used them?
Thanks in advance
Maryam
Reply 56
Original post by MaryamMed
Hi new to Student room. I am interested to study medicine in either Bulgaria or Romania does anybody have any information about the med school in Craiova in Romania. I also was aproached by an agency called Study Medicine in Craiova. Does anybody know them? Is there anybody there that has used them?
Thanks in advance
Maryam

Don't know much about Romania but I know a lot of British student that choose to study medicine in Bulgaria. The agency I've came across so far called 'study medicine Europe' has partnerships with both Bulgaria and Romanian uni's but they charge £2500 for providing all the documents and other stuff so I don't know if I am going to go through them I told them my grades and said they can offer me 100% garuntee on a place at Sofia uni med school. I'm not sure how true that is. What other agencies have you came across?
Grenada carribean

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ruuri1
Don't know much about Romania but I know a lot of British student that choose to study medicine in Bulgaria. The agency I've came across so far called 'study medicine Europe' has partnerships with both Bulgaria and Romanian uni's but they charge £2500 for providing all the documents and other stuff so I don't know if I am going to go through them I told them my grades and said they can offer me 100% garuntee on a place at Sofia uni med school. I'm not sure how true that is. What other agencies have you came across?

Have you seen how cheap medicine in Malta Is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Have you seen how cheap medicine in Malta Is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I've had a look at their entry requirements and are considerably high talking a*/a grades in bio and chem.
I don't know how cheap it is, but I deffinently don't meet the entry requirements for Malta. I think most people look at Bulgaria, Romania, Prague etc because it's easier to get in to compared to med schools in the UK.

Latest

Trending

Trending