Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm doing a2 biology practicals next week for OCR. Pretty much all we have been told is the subject areas, which for quantitative is enzymes and for qualitative is the chromatography of photosynthetic pigments.

I'm resitting a2 this year and last year i did really badly in the practicals so I'm really panicking, so if anyone has done one of these practicals recently or could give me any further details on either of the practicals I would be eternally grateful!!!!!

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Have you already sat them? Sorry I've only just seen this thread and I've done the chromatography one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth16x)
    Have you already sat them? Sorry I've only just seen this thread and I've done the chromatography one!
    no i still havent done them, can you still recall the questions? Ive got it tommorow

ReputationRep:
    You have to fill in 2-3 tables with regards to Rf values and identifying pigments. All info you need is given, but put answers to 1 d.p and in mm. I can't really remember the questions but they look for you talking about absorption and reliable results! Sorry I can't be of more help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth16x)
    You have to fill in 2-3 tables with regards to Rf values and identifying pigments. All info you need is given, but put answers to 1 d.p and in mm. I can't really remember the questions but they look for you talking about absorption and reliable results! Sorry I can't be of more help
    tah very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonySoprano96)
    tah very much
    I have the evaluative coming up in relation to the enzymes quantitative any advice or help ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonySoprano96)
    Hi I'm doing a2 biology practicals next week for OCR. Pretty much all we have been told is the subject areas, which for quantitative is enzymes and for qualitative is the chromatography of photosynthetic pigments.

I'm resitting a2 this year and last year i did really badly in the practicals so I'm really panicking, so if anyone has done one of these practicals recently or could give me any further details on either of the practicals I would be eternally grateful!!!!!

Thanks!!
    I have the qualitative and quantitative tomorrow and am panicking if anyone could help me with what i will have to do that would be great?! thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.