x Turn on thread page Beta

if you PM a pic of yourself to someone and they leak without consent watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    is it naughty? (read: illegal) (read: pic can be removed by mods)
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    is it naughty? (read: illegal) (read: pic can be removed by mods)
    I would strongly advise you not to PM people pictures of yourself, especially if you're worried about them being leaked.

But we remove pictures that have been posted publicly on the forums without consent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I would strongly advise you not to PM people pictures of yourself, especially if you're worried about them being leaked.

But we remove pictures that have been posted publicly on the forums without consent.
    thanks for letting me know basically I don't want threads to be made or comments made saying 'this is Smash' with my real face, which can then be found by people who know me IRL

ReputationRep:
    I see somebody is covering all their bases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aria Enoshima)
    I see somebody is covering all their bases.
    since we're on a serious thread I have been far more open to the main forum using the Riku/Smash Bandicoot profile for my own good, particularly regarding my ex-relationship

ReputationRep:
    since we're on a serious thread I have been far more open to the main forum using the Riku/Smash Bandicoot profile for my own good, particularly regarding my ex-relationship
    Ah I suppose it would be bad if somebody managed to connect the dots so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    this guy gotta be a troll? :s
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    They shouldn't share it, but by you giving them the picture, you re giving them the ability to leak it..dont do it if your worried

ReputationRep:
    thanks for letting me know basically I don't want threads to be made or comments made saying 'this is Smash' with my real face, which can then be found by people who know me IRL
    Owing to the typical response time for the mods to deal with a report of this nature, you can reasonably expect your picture to remain publicly accessible for anything up to 2 days during periods of pretty low coverage. There's no SLA for taking down this sort of content, though the aim is within 3 hours. By which time, you've lost control of the picture because, well, let's face it - internet people are internet people. Also, Google may have already spidered the page within minutes.

The upshot is, once something's published/leaked online, the chances of you being able to contain it diminish exponentially by the minute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Owing to the typical response time for the mods to deal with a report of this nature, you can reasonably expect your picture to remain publicly accessible for anything up to 2 days during periods of pretty low coverage. There's no SLA for taking down this sort of content, though the aim is within 3 hours. By which time, you've lost control of the picture because, well, let's face it - internet people are internet people. Also, Google may have already spidered the page within minutes.

The upshot is, once something's published/leaked online, the chances of you being able to contain it diminish exponentially by the minute.
    listen to the man

wood date/10 (no homo)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryDn)
    (no homo)
    No, I'm quite gay.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm quite gay.
    hi :fan:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryDn)
    hi :fan:
    Hello

ReputationRep:

thanks for the fantastic response
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    If you're that worried about someone doing this, why would you post that type of thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    If you're that worried about someone doing this, why would you post that type of thread?
    because I baffle myself

ReputationRep:
    if you took the picture, you own the copyright - but pursuing it through the law probably isn't going to help you much if they've got the trollface on.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.