Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

First, thanks for coming to see my thread Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I had no idea where else to post it.

Okay, so, I didn't do too well in my AS', mainly because I buried my head and only started really revising for the exams a week before.. Obviously, this didn't work out too well, and I got an A in Biology, a C in Economics, a C in Computing and a D for Chemistry

After AS levels, my best friend who I had always hung out with had to leave, despite being a hard-working student, exams just weren't for him and his grades didn't let him continue.

I felt rather guilty afterwards, and had an epiphany - I had to do well, because I had to go to Uni, what the heck was I doing?

So, I picked up my work ethic and got my act together during about October time. I was really motivated, getting up at 5AM to go to the gym in the morning, then head off to sixth form afterwards, studying in all my free periods, then heading to the library afterwards for another 2-3 hours. My grades picked up from the mocks - getting AAB, which I was satisfied with - and I then applied to some universities I checked out to study Economics.

My teachers noticed my work ethic and continuously were complimenting me on my motivation, and my first report after this projected me achieving AAA at the end of Year 13.

The main universities I applied to, and got offers from where Surrey (A*AA) and Lancaster (AAB).

I continued my work ethic and whatnot through November and December, but my teachers kept telling me to "ease off the gas", as it was like sprinting the 1500m. I refused at first, but after them continuously telling me that I would burn out, I felt myself rebounding. My homeworks deteriorated to C's and I was beginning to struggle in the second unit of Chemistry.

It's the end of January now, and our mock exams are in a month. I am rather on-edge about the mocks, despite me already being hands-deep in my revision. I don't know if I can get my A*AA for Surrey, my teachers keep telling me "You're fine, you've put alot of work in, you don't notice it because you jumped in the deep end, you may not realise it, but you're still working hard", they're still giving me AAA projections and "Outstanding" on all my reports, but I don't know if I can do it anymore.

I feel myself falling apart really, stressing over these exams (not only mocks, but the real thing, my first exam's in 100 days!). I mean, that's not a bad thing, it's getting me to revise, to study, to work and not laze around, but at the same time, it's building me up to freak out about what happens if I don't get into Surrey, I can fall back on Lancaster with an easy AAB, but my parents deserve much more, and it sucks that I can't give them more than they deserve due to screwing up my AS'.

Sorry for the short rant at the end there.

Thanks for reading Any advice?
    •  Official Rep

Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you

(Original post by TSR Jessica)
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you

Thank you, I'll be sure to post there!
What's the best type of cheese?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.