The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 4: Physics on the Move 6PH04 (11th June 2015)

Scroll to see replies

is there anyone remember the coulomb's constant in base unit? in base unit so we should use SI base unit? what did you get? can anyone show me your answers ? thanks
I think I've got lost 15-17 marks at worst. I hope this is around 110 UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone explain parsecs to me please :smile:)))
My teacher reckons the boundaries will be as follows:
A* - 65
A - 60
B - 56
C - 52
D - 48
E - 44
U - < 40
I'd take these with a pinch of salt but I thought i'd post if anyone is at all interested. He said it was a fair on the slightly easier side of fair paper though :smile:
Reply 604
Original post by Dave361
Can someone explain parsecs to me please :smile:)))

Unit 5 thread is linked in the OP :smile:
Reply 605
Original post by TheBeardedGuy
I did exactly the same, for the same reason as you. But it's pestering me as I don't think the question was linked to electromagnetic induction at all.

Me too, thought i was being clever..
What did you guys put for the question that asked :"What would be the path of an ion if there was a magnetic field present instead of an electric"I wrote that since there would be both a horizontal and vertical velocity the particle would undergo through a helical path..what do you think is it correct??
For the 18,000hz did it ask for two sig figs ? As I didn't do that :smile:
Original post by Robcowling3
For the 18,000hz did it ask for two sig figs ? As I didn't do that :smile:

Na i did 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jbrown2
11b) i said current down for a) and then using resistive force (opposite to motion) due to lenz law, the B field in out of the page, is this correct? I had seen this in a textbook and this is why i thought it was 2 marks

I did this and I still think it's correct. otherwise, why would it be two marks :s-smilie:
Ffs I nailed all the other questions except the roundabout one ! So I'm still hoping for an A 😛
Original post by BP_Tranquility

There are model answers already which were with in collaboration with different members.
Original post by acontium
My teacher reckons the boundaries will be as follows:
A* - 65
A - 60
B - 56
C - 52
D - 48
E - 44
U - < 40
I'd take these with a pinch of salt but I thought i'd post if anyone is at all interested. He said it was a fair on the slightly easier side of fair paper though :smile:

According to this I am expecting D- B :frown:
Thanks everyone who have contributed on this unofficial mark scheme.

Attached is the well formatted pdf version.

If you want to see the original version, which is a bit messy, but with more discussions included and more interactive, click HERE.

Feel free to share and show your physics teacher.

Please quote this for any feedback.

Thank you again and wish you all get great marks on all your exams!!
hey guys, for question 11 there was one mark for saying the current went down. i made the mistake and said it was going up - so i got the direction of the magnetic field going out of the page. however, i said in my answer "according to FLHR" - so will i atleast get 1/3 marks??
for question 18 where you had to draw the path of a proton in a cyclotron... i drew the path clockwise and said the magnetic field went into the page, is this correct?
Original post by gideon123
hey guys, for question 11 there was one mark for saying the current went down. i made the mistake and said it was going up - so i got the direction of the magnetic field going out of the page. however, i said in my answer "according to FLHR" - so will i atleast get 1/3 marks??

Probably yes.
Original post by MangleKuo
Probably yes.

Thanks!
and do you know about this:
for question 18 where you had to draw the path of a proton in a cyclotron... i drew the path clockwise and said the magnetic field went into the page, is this correct?

because there were two ways of approaching this question...drawing it clockwise and saying the field went into the page...and drawing it anti clockwise and saying the field went out of the page....i assume they are both correct as they are both correct according to FLHR???
Original post by gideon123

If it's clockwise, it should be out of the page....

Clockwise = force bend to right

Middle finger point forward, thumb point right, direction of magnetic field line (index finger) point out of the page...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending