Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have previously been to University for 2 years and dropped out due to personal reasons. I applied for student finance in May 2014 for a new course at a new uni and got accepted for this. Since than I have had 2 letters one in May 2014 and one in December 2014 telling me that my tuition loan will be paid directly to the University (I started my first semester in October 2014). Last week i received a letter from the student loan repayment office informing me that they cannot support me in 2014/15 academic year despite previously being told I would be supported fully through student finance and today I have received an invoice from my university. I have rang up the student finance company but as suspect got nothing more than an apology and no other help. I know have until 25/02/2015 to pay £8900 which I have no way of doing. Can anyone suggest any help please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylie1993!)
    I have previously been to University for 2 years and dropped out due to personal reasons. I applied for student finance in May 2014 for a new course at a new uni and got accepted for this. Since than I have had 2 letters one in May 2014 and one in December 2014 telling me that my tuition loan will be paid directly to the University (I started my first semester in October 2014). Last week i received a letter from the student loan repayment office informing me that they cannot support me in 2014/15 academic year despite previously being told I would be supported fully through student finance and today I have received an invoice from my university. I have rang up the student finance company but as suspect got nothing more than an apology and no other help. I know have until 25/02/2015 to pay £8900 which I have no way of doing. Can anyone suggest any help please?
    unless you can provide evidence to student finance of why dropped out e.g. letter from a doctor saying you were ill, then there isn't an alternative beyond self funding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    unless you can provide evidence to student finance of why dropped out e.g. letter from a doctor saying you were ill, then there isn't an alternative beyond self funding
    Even though they had already approved the tuition fees?

ReputationRep:
    Even though they had already approved the tuition fees?
    yes, student finance are known for making mistakes and then correcting themselves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    yes, student finance are known for making mistakes and then correcting themselves
    ohhh no so what happens if i haven't got the money

ReputationRep:
    ohhh no so what happens if i haven't got the money
    youd have to discuss that with your uni

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.