Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Middle child syndrome!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Does it exist? Do you feel the birth order of you and your siblings has impacted your personality?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i'm the eldest so i get the most privileges so i feel for the 3 middle children

I really need to start being nicer to them lol

ReputationRep:
    My friend is the oldest of 3 brothers and I'm not kidding the middle brother such an atypical Middle child, with the old syndrome and everything. The other two are really academic and well mannered he fancies himself as straight out of the hood. Smokes drinks drugs and gets into lots of trouble. Lols.

ReputationRep:
    I am 3rd child of 6 I guess I am a middle child, but I suppose I am the most independent out of all my siblings.
    I don't expect to be praised for anything tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the oldest, I wouldn't know. I have 3 sisters, one's a year younger than me at nearly 16, one's 4 and one's 6.

ReputationRep:
    From Urban Dictionary:
    Middle children will sometimes...
    -go with the flow
    -work as little as possible
    -be less parent-dependent then their siblings
    -become the 'loner' of the family, not participate in family events unless told to.
    -play the peacemaker
    -be more likely to go to a friend for advice than a parent
    -be very creative

Yep that is me....

ReputationRep:
    I'm a middle child, but still get the most amount of responsibility, and my parents have the highest expectations of me *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lakesx)
    From Urban Dictionary:
    Middle children will sometimes...
    -go with the flow
    -work as little as possible
    -be less parent-dependent then their siblings
    -become the 'loner' of the family, not participate in family events unless told to.
    -play the peacemaker
    -be more likely to go to a friend for advice than a parent
    -be very creative

Yep that is me....
    All of it is sort of true apart from the second. I work like a mother******.:smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xin Xang)
    All of it is sort of true apart from the second. I work like a mother******.:smug:
    Oh yes I definitely work hard, but sometimes I can procrastinate forever...(like I am doing now)

ReputationRep:
    I'm eldest and although it reaps its rewards it comes at a cost as i'm the first to do everything. Like build a good reputation for me and my brothers whilst at the same school etc.

ReputationRep:
    Being one of 5 siblings, I can definitely say it's true.

ReputationRep:
    it does exist in the formative years due to lack of attention compared to elder child and baby of the family, which can have a significant impact on one's confidence, but the residual effect of it in adulthood is largely down to said middle child's victim mentality rather than the circumstances of the order of their birth

ReputationRep:
    I'm a middle child. I used to have it when I was younger but now I don't really care. Plus, I get away with more because I'm the only girl

ReputationRep:
    Mainly noticed it when I was younger, my older brother was the year above me in school and we were even in the same class at one point which made it even more annoying. Because he was the eldest everything was the first for him, but not as cool if I did it lol. I was by far the most difficult growing up out of me and my brothers, my parents had a box load of letters/phone calls/emails from school about me but 0 about my brothers, funnily though I was the one with the most freedom

ReputationRep:
    Out of us 3, my sister is the middle child but there's also a very big age gap between me and them, almost 20 years and between them only 2 years :mmm: I feel like the 1st was born strongest, 2nd is strong and a bit soft whereas the 3rd (me) is the softest in terms of personality :laugh: Can't blame, 1st has father's personality, the rest have mother's :gah:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.