Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name what you think the World's best XI will be in 4 years time, Should be based on talent shown by the individuals already. Here's mine:

Hazard Neymar Bale
    Messi
    Pogba Thiago
    Alaba Boateng Varane Azi
    De Gea

(Bench: Courtois, Shaw, Laporte, Carvajal, Verratti, Gotze, Depay. Isco, Reus)

ReputationRep:
    -
    - - -
    - Jack Wilshere
    - - - Carl Jenkinson
    -

I'll fill in the rest later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    -
    - - -
    - Jack Wilshere
    - - - Carl Jenkinson
    -

I'll fill in the rest later
    Srs?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Tough to pick the defence. Think you've omitted too many Germans, too.

I'd have Courtois over De Gea personally, and I think your front three is pretty nailed on. Wouldn't be surprised if Sterling/Lamela force themselves to a similar level that Hazard is currently on, though.

Pogba is obviously a shoe-in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Tough to pick the defence. Think you've omitted too many Germans, too.

I'd have Courtois over De Gea personally, and I think your front three is pretty nailed on. Wouldn't be surprised if Sterling/Lamela force themselves to a similar level that Hazard is currently on, though.

Pogba is obviously a shoe-in.
    Which German's do you think would be in it in 4 years time apart from Gotze(just added him in)?

ReputationRep:
    Neuer
    Rafael McNair Blackett Shaw
    Blind Herrera
    Januzaj Messi Pereira
    Wilson

ReputationRep:
    De Gea

The rest is irrelevant
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Which German's do you think would be in it in 4 years time apart from Gotze(just added him in)?
    Think a case can be made for Kroos and Muller, definitely. They'll still be under 30.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Draxler kick on, either.

ReputationRep:
    Draxler possibly, maybe even Max Meyer who's Schalke's new wonderkid.

ReputationRep:
    Of course Kenan + Klown would say **** like that

Think a case can be made for Kroos and Muller, definitely. They'll still be under 30.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Draxler kick on, either.
    Hmmm quite a bit more talent lurking than i thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Guy's turns into a beast on fifa career mode.

He's too raw at the moment though. Because if you include him, you'd have to include Januzaj + Sterling.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Kid won me the Europa League on my latest FM game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Guy's turns into a beast on fifa career mode.

He's too raw at the moment though. Because if you include him, you'd have to include Januzaj + Sterling.
    Well it is 4 years in the future, whole thread is a bit iffy anyway as most of the players at the top now will still only be 28/29 yo max then, then could have the next Messi/Ronaldo break through in like 2/3 years time.

Of those whop aren't first team regulars for their sides atm (haven't properly broken through at least), I'd say Zouma, Halilovic at Barca and perhaps Rabiot at PSG, he's a top player.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well it is 4 years in the future, whole thread is a bit iffy anyway as most of the players at the top now will still only be 28/29 yo max then, then could have the next Messi/Ronaldo break through in like 2/3 years time.
    Agreed.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    I presume this is ignoring the possibility that players nobody has heard of will emerge, or that other players will start fulfilling their potential? Look at where the likes of Pogba, Reus, Courtois, Suarez were 4 years ago, even Bale had only just established himself as a winger.

I think Cristian Eriksen has a good chance, still only 22 and he's already carrying Spurs just like Bale did in his last season. He's got a big future.
    Eriksen and Lamela are both good shouts - can't see them being at WHL in four years time tbh.

Watched Zouma the other night and he didn't impress me all that much. He needs serious work.

ReputationRep:
    Suarez had done a lot 4 years ago. Scored 49 in 48 for Ajax, 3 goals at the WC in the run to the semi and had just moved for £22.5m

ReputationRep:
    Eriksen and Lamela are both good shouts - can't see them being at WHL in four years time tbh.

Watched Zouma the other night and he didn't impress me all that much. He needs serious work.
    Was probably his worst performance so far, but he's come on leaps and bounds since pre-season, gave away a penalty like 10 minutes into that game by shoving someone over. With Mourinho and Terry he has the best people around to teach him to become a world class centre-back. Although I think Varane could easily be a level above anyone else over the next decade as long as he plays regularly.

ReputationRep:

Of those whop aren't first team regulars for their sides atm (haven't properly broken through at least), I'd say Zouma, Halilovic at Barca and perhaps Rabiot at PSG, he's a top player.
    Like which players? Only current World XI players which can arguably be world beaters in 4 years time are Messi, Neuer and Kroos.

Zouma does not look like he will be one of the best CB's in the world in 4 years time. Halilovic is too raw. Rabiot same as Zouma.
    Probably didn't make it clear but it should be people who have shown that their talent can get them to a world XI place in 4 years time.

(Original post by sr90)
    I presume this is ignoring the possibility that players nobody has heard of will emerge, or that other players will start fulfilling their potential? Look at where the likes of Pogba, Reus, Courtois, Suarez were 4 years ago, even Bale had only just established himself as a winger.

I think Cristian Eriksen has a good chance, still only 22 and he's already carrying Spurs just like Bale did in his last season. He's got a big future.
    So you think that in 4 years time somebody we have not heard much of will emerge and earn a spot in the World XI team? Only Ronaldo is mabye capable of doing that. (Messi was known from a younger age more so count him out).

Also none of those players you mentioned deserve to be in the starting World XI.

ReputationRep:
    Hazard Neymar Bale
    Messi
    Pogba Kroos
    Alaba Kolo Varane Flanagan
    Courtois
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Was probably his worst performance so far, but he's come on leaps and bounds since pre-season, gave away a penalty like 10 minutes into that game by shoving someone over. With Mourinho and Terry he has the best people around to teach him to become a world class centre-back. Although I think Varane could easily be a level above anyone else over the next decade as long as he plays regularly.
    Mourinho will be a hell of a mentor for him. So defensively astute and solid.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.