Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to?
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing?
    Do you have fun / are you happy?
    Have you made many friends?

How much work do you have to do?

And what year are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewif002)
    What uni do you go to? LJMU
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? In first year I went out at least once a week, sometimes twice a week. Now it's not every week, prefer pubs to clubs now and would rather throw an all night party at mine than go into town.
    Do you have fun / are you happy? Uni is the happiest I have ever been yes, but it's also been some of the most stressed and at parts some of the loneliest.
    Have you made many friends? I've made great friends, 7 of which I now live with.

How much work do you have to do? This really varies from course to course. so far I have had about 6 assignments to do this year and they all take a fair amount of time. A lot of my course is also practical based so it's a lot of time in the lab.

And what year are you in? 2nd

Posted from TSR Mobile
    in red.

ReputationRep:
    1) What uni do you go to? University of Bath
    2) How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Never
    3)Do you have fun / are you happy? Depends how you define that really. I spent quite literally every minute working - university maths, extra maths I'm interested in myself, extra computer science. But yes, I like it. I like it a lot.
    4) Have you made many friends? No. I've got one acquaintance in the maths lecture halls and I get on with my flatmates, but I don't have any "friends" as such. To be honest, with that other guy, I don't know his surname or hobbies. Yeah, thinking about things, that's a bit awkward.
    5) How much work do you have to do? Not all that much from the university, but I love maths enough to do extra
    6) And what year are you in? First year.

Yeah, this is a bit awkward

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Bishop Grosseteste, Lincoln
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? About once a week
    Do you have fun / are you happy? I have a great time
    Have you made many friends? Yes loads

How much work do you have to do? Quite a lot!

And what year are you in? First year

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to?
    Cass Business School, City University London

Never have I did any of the two in my life

Other than enjoying my course, no.

Yes.

A lot, a lot.

1st years.

ReputationRep:
    • What uni do you go to?
      Swansea
      last term twice a week, this term once a week for money reasons
      Happy generally no, general feeling of disapointment from A level results + lots of depression episodes combined with feeling lonely when I'm sat by myself all alone. When I'm studying in lectures (I sit alone) or clubbing with friends I'm happy enough - grateful for the opportunity.
      no. Know many acquaintances though.

first term sod all, one or two pieces of courseworks of 3-4 hours work per week. Looking forward to second term with more work and far more interesting modules

1st year A&F

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Northumbria (Poly til I die!)

How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Probably a few times a month. Mainly host parties at my place and just kick everyone out at 4am though.

Do you have fun / are you happy? I'm very happy. There's so much to do beside clubbing too (societies, bars/restaurants to discover, volunteering, jobs etc.)

Have you made many friends? My course has 24 people on and they're my second family. Made plenty of other friends too.

How much work do you have to do? Varies per semester. Currently, everything is assignment based, so quite a bit, but not so much I want to scream.

And what year are you in? 2nd year... on to the placement hunt!

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Reading
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Twice a week usually
    Do you have fun / are you happy? I'm happy and I thoroughly enjoy it
    Have you made many friends? Yup, I have a group of friends on my course and live with my best friends

How much work do you have to do? Lots of reading, lots of writing

And what year are you in? Second

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Manchester
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Never
    Do you have fun / are you happy? No
    Have you made many friends? None

How much work do you have to do? very little

And what year are you in? 4th

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Lancaster

How often do you go out partying/clubbing? 3-4 times a week

Do you have fun / are you happy? Very

Have you made many friends?loads!

How much work do you have to do? A lot but only because I miss so many early lectures and stuff!

And what year are you in?1st year

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Edinburgh University
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Probably about once a week, maybe more but I have a 9am start every weekday...
    Do you have fun / are you happy? Very happy.
    Have you made many friends? Yes. I get on really well with all my flat/block mates and we can all laugh together, and then people from my course are great too.

How much work do you have to do? Quite a lot, I have weekly assignments, quizzes etc to do every week but as long as you manage to stay on top of it all it's not too bad, and I still have time to party

And what year are you in? 1st

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to?
    Cambridge
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Never but more because I don't want to than because I can't. The option is there but I'd rather do other social things
    Do you have fun / are you happy? Yes and no. A lot of my time is spent on my own, in the library, working, which is not much fun. But when I am not working and am with friends, playing sport, cooking and eating with friends, it is good fun,
    Have you made many friends? Yes quite a few, although mostly through church

How much work do you have to do? I'm a geographer and typically work 35 hours a week,

And what year are you in? Third

ReputationRep:
    (I'm a college student, but studying in uk only from next year on, so.)
    From what I can see, it's either party-till-you-die, either die-rather-than-party. Good to know -_- I seriously can't imagine partying every week, I'd be exhausted.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What uni do you go to? Uni of Sheffield
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Once every few weeks normally, I go to house parties more often
    Do you have fun / are you happy? Yes, I love my friends, my course and meeting new people.
    Have you made many friends? Yep, quite a few

How much work do you have to do? On a normal week 25 hours, on a bad week upwards of 60.

And what year are you in? First, although second at the university as I did a foundation year

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Aston
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Went a few times since October, last time i went was in December haven't gone since. no ones invited me lol
    Do you have fun / are you happy? Nope feel kinda empty inside lol
    Have you made many friends? No, i really want to make friends but for some reason i can't
    How much work do you have to do? a fair amount, just have to make sure you don't fall behind and you'll be fine plus loads of practicals

And what year are you in? 1st

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Royal Holloway
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing?2/3 times each week
    Do you have fun / are you happy? I have lots of fun, but the uni is pretty much in the middle of nowhere so there's not much to do.
    Have you made many friends? Sort of. I do have a large group of people that I know and get on with but I wouldn't say we were friends in the same way that I was with the ones at 6th Form

How much work do you have to do? Not too much. I feel like I can get a good balance between social and work

And what year are you in? 1st Year
    xx

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Manchester (uni of)
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing?Once or twice a week, usually once midweek, once at weekends depending on how much work I have/how organised I have been. Lots of work, probably only go out at weekend. Little work, maybe twice during week and once at weekends. Finished exams? every day haha
    Do you have fun / are you happy? More or less, the stress of work is always there and I do physics so there is usually quite a lot. Weekends are fun but being tired a lot of the time means you do get down and depressed more often. Maybe I should go out less...
    Have you made many friends? On my course, not many probably 2 or 3 actual mates. From halls, quite a few! about 10-15 people I would actually call friends.

How much work do you have to do? Doing physics, quite a lot. 4 sheets of questions each week (about 1-1:30 hours each) plus spanish homework as I do that as an option. Also a lab report every couple of months and then exam revision is very busy. Working solidly all the way through exam period with about 3 weeks dedicated revision for my january exams.

And what year are you in? ​1st

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I go to Northumbria University.

I rarely go out partying/clubbing - a) because I'd rather go to a house party, the pub or one or two good nights a month than out twice a week to do the same old and b) I don't have any ID, which is a problem with a slightly baby-faced 23 year old.

I have plenty of fun - life isn't one big party, as I've learnt, so I have learnt to enjoy the other things I do at uni - volunteering, working at the SU, seeing my friends in class/ at societies.

Put it this way, I don't do as much work as I should (although I am trying). I feel that it's because, since I started uni, I have grown to dislike my course (see below), and found happiness and potential to go into other aspects of the science field. If not, I may just work in a bar. It doesn't pay much but I enjoy the work - all my volunteering, including before uni, has taught me that it isn't all about making megabucks - I'd rather be just getting by and happy than a millionaire and miserable as sin.

I am in my second year of Chemistry BUT this is my fourth year of University. I did a foundation year which covered the vast majority of "Health & Life Science" and "Engineering & Environment" courses offered here (which means I could have and wish I had done either Environmental Science or Food Science instead). On top of this, I had to resit first year of Chemistry.
    In short - this is my fourth of my now five years here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David Walker)
    I go to Northumbria University.

I rarely go out partying/clubbing - a) because I'd rather go to a house party, the pub or one or two good nights a month than out twice a week to do the same old and b) I don't have any ID, which is a problem with a slightly baby-faced 23 year old.

I have plenty of fun - life isn't one big party, as I've learnt, so I have learnt to enjoy the other things I do at uni - volunteering, working at the SU, seeing my friends in class/ at societies.

Put it this way, I don't do as much work as I should (although I am trying). I feel that it's because, since I started uni, I have grown to dislike my course (see below), and found happiness and potential to go into other aspects of the science field. If not, I may just work in a bar. It doesn't pay much but I enjoy the work - all my volunteering, including before uni, has taught me that it isn't all about making megabucks - I'd rather be just getting by and happy than a millionaire and miserable as sin.

I am in my second year of Chemistry BUT this is my fourth year of University. I did a foundation year which covered the vast majority of "Health & Life Science" and "Engineering & Environment" courses offered here (which means I could have and wish I had done either Environmental Science or Food Science instead). On top of this, I had to resit first year of Chemistry.
    In short - this is my fourth of my now five years here!
    You sound just like me

I also did a foundation year.

ReputationRep:
    ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
    Glad I'm not the only one though, in all seriousness.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.